The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 5 2022 - Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Canucks - 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

15 minutes ago, Muttley said:

What has happened to the Podz?  Overwhelmed? Don't get it.

Natural sophomore struggles plus an abundance of wingers and pressure. It's not that surprising but I'm not worried.

He might also be preoccupied with helping his countrymen settle in. Maybe it's affecting his focus.

19 minutes ago, Muttley said:

What has happened to the Podz?  Overwhelmed? Don't get it.

Possibly, kinda reminds me how his KHL coaches treated him too. His minutes were very up and down or just scratched entirely.

I wonder if he is a slow burn prospect like Nicushkin was…that guy took forever to come into his own…but look at him now.

As long as he can make a difference on the 3rd or 4th lines I don’t mind taking our time with him. He’s worth the wait. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm not the least bit worried about Podz. I think his worst trait is he sometimes tries TOO hard and momentum gets the better of him as he's all over the place at times. Settle it down and play to his strengths and he'll be fine. No...awesome.

A rest'll do him good.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Natural sophomore struggles plus an abundance of wingers and pressure. It's not that surprising but I'm not worried.

He might also be preoccupied with helping his countrymen settle in. Maybe it's affecting his focus.

Think it also has to do with Miller slotting on the wing instead of C.

Who’s the playmaking C on the 3rd line?? Exactly that.  

Before with Miller, EP40, and Bo…there was potential of having 3 really good scoring lines.  Didn’t pan out that way.  So now 2 scoring lines and a glut of scoring wingers.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, he's got to get the opportunity 

Did Podz not start the season in the Top 6? I’d say he’s had ample opportunity but his play hasn’t earned him any entitlement to a position high up in the lineup. And now in the line up at all it seems.

Now, Podz DID react very well to some benching last year, and one of them proved to be very helpful to him understanding how he needed to play. Let’s hope that history repeats itself. The kid has all the raw tools to be a force, we all know that.

Just now, BPA said:

Think it also has to do with Miller slotting on the wing instead of C.

Who’s the playmaking C on the 3rd line?? Exactly that.  

Before with Miller, EP40, and Bo…there was potential of having 3 really good scoring lines.  Didn’t pan out that way.  So now 2 scoring lines and a glut of scoring wingers.

Yeah I knew that plan wasn't going to work. We needed a good 3C instead of signing Miller. Now Pods is getting squeezed out with the winger carousel.

• Vintage 1

Just now, cowboy644 said:

How the hell Stillman is in the lineup and Rathbone isn't is mind boggling.The Vancouver canucks have to be the most piss poor developing team in the league for at least 7 to 10 years.Demko and who in our lineup?

I’d like to know who’s making that decision, because it doesn’t pass the eye test. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Did Podz not start the season in the Top 6? I’d say he’s had ample opportunity but his play hasn’t earned him any entitlement to a position high up in the lineup. And now in the line up at all it seems.

Now, Podz DID react very well to some benching last year, and one of them proved to be very helpful to him understanding how he needed to play. Let’s hope that history repeats itself. The kid has all the raw tools to be a force, we all know that.

And he was one of the very few who was making any effort and creating any chances.  Then he's dropped down the lineup for no good reason

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I knew that plan wasn't going to work. We needed a good 3C instead of signing Miller. Now Pods is getting squeezed out with the winger carousel.

That is a great point. Miller possibly not working out at centre (not written in stone yet) has some rather big ramifications on the lines…especially in terms of playmaking depth further down the lineup. I really like JT’s playmaking ability at wing, a great fit for a goal scoring centre like Bo. But yeah, lack of playmaking ability down the line up a bit….is not great for some of the wingers.