Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 8 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Canadian Tire Centre

Rate this topic


OldFaithfulCap

Recommended Posts

Early in the season but the blueline stats are kinda sad:

 

Total number of goals by defensemen on each team: 

 

SJ 12
NYI 11
FLA 10
SEA 10
ARI 8
BUF 8
CBJ 7
NJ 7
BOS 6
CGY 6
COL 6
DAL 6
WPG 6
CAR 5
EDM 5
LA 5
NSH 5
TB 5
VGK 5
NYR 4
OTT 4
STL 4
WSH 4
DET 3
PHI 3
PIT 3
CHI 2
MIN 2
MTL 2
ANA 1
TOR 1
VAN 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OldFaithfulCap said:

Early in the season but the blueline stats are kinda sad:

 

Total number of goals by defensemen on each team: 

 

SJ 12
NYI 11
FLA 10
SEA 10
ARI 8
BUF 8
CBJ 7
NJ 7
BOS 6
CGY 6
COL 6
DAL 6
WPG 6
CAR 5
EDM 5
LA 5
NSH 5
TB 5
VGK 5
NYR 4
OTT 4
STL 4
WSH 4
DET 3
PHI 3
PIT 3
CHI 2
MIN 2
MTL 2
ANA 1
TOR 1
VAN 1

Quinn Hughes is awesome

  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OldFaithfulCap said:

He's missed a few games and you could argue that his shots at least create goals but i don't have access to those stats.

 

 

 

image.png.02e8db0a47298d07186cdecca740055d.png              

I mean, we're scoring enough and we have a top 5 Powerplay in the league. Who cares? Our dmen should be worried about defending, not about this low-impact stat. This caused much more concern in previous seasons when our offense wasn't clicking. 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I mean, we're scoring enough and we have a top 5 Powerplay in the league. Who cares? Our dmen should be worried about defending, not about this low-impact stat. This caused much more concern in previous seasons when our offense wasn't clicking. 

I can see both sides of this. It's early in the season and we are scoring enough as you said so it's not a big deal. Shots that get redirected are as valuable. We've been so bad at our end that the blueliners never get a chance to join the rush.

 

On the other side we keep giving up leads and so much of our 2nd and 3rd period offence seems to be shots from the blueline. We really do seem to lack a blueliner with a decent shot. 

 

I think it's something to keep an eye on as the season progresses.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I can see both sides of this. It's early in the season and we are scoring enough as you said so it's not a big deal. Shots that get redirected are as valuable. We've been so bad at our end that the blueliners never get a chance to join the rush.

 

On the other side we keep giving up leads and so much of our 2nd and 3rd period offence seems to be shots from the blueline. We really do seem to lack a blueliner with a decent shot. 

 

I think it's something to keep an eye on as the season progresses.

Agreed. This correlates with our need for OEL and Myers to step it back up and become dmen that contribute relative to their cap hits. 

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Early in the season but the blueline stats are kinda sad:

 

Total number of goals by defensemen on each team: 

 

SJ 12
NYI 11
FLA 10
SEA 10
ARI 8
BUF 8
CBJ 7
NJ 7
BOS 6
CGY 6
COL 6
DAL 6
WPG 6
CAR 5
EDM 5
LA 5
NSH 5
TB 5
VGK 5
NYR 4
OTT 4
STL 4
WSH 4
DET 3
PHI 3
PIT 3
CHI 2
MIN 2
MTL 2
ANA 1
TOR 1
VAN 1

Lol with SJ and Karlsson.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...