The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, kurtis said:

Its the owners. 100% Trevor wanted a rebuild and they fired him. 

Yeah, I'm not really attached to any of this bunch except maybe Horvat, Pettersson and Martin. The big problem is the cap is so screwed with long term, big money deals that we will have a near impossible task in getting rid of them. 

The Good: 

-Spencer Martin, he was awesome and exactly what we expect from Demko. Don't need shutouts, just give us a chance like he did tonight. 

-Horvat had a great game, not just the goal but overall game as well. 

-Joshua Aman Studnicka line was excellent in the first but then got broken up inexplicably 

The Bad: 

- Myers just wasn't good tonight. 

- OEL made a few nice plays but looked lost out there at times that were puzzling. Is he being asked by Mike Yeo to run around and take weird routes? 

- JT wasn't moving his feet. He was involved and threw hits, but he's not showing enough leadership defensively. 

-Bear and Stillman just weren't good. 

The ugly: 

-Hoggy just doesn't look good or even NHL material. He needs to go to AHL. 

-Boudreau's choices lately are just baffling. Why no Burroughs? Why isn't Brisebois up with the big club? 

Why break up Mil - Petey - Kuz? 

Why take Kuzmenko off PP1? 

Why break up Aman's line? 

Why is JT at center and not on Horvat's wing? Why is JT on the PK? 

If we don't win the next two games on the road, I'm officially done with the playoff pursuit. 

3 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Is Bruce on glue?

That's been Kuzmenko's spot so far. He scores on the power play. Terrible choice putting Brock on PP1. Especially late in the game.

Bruce has been on glue the whole season.

I love the guy but it seriously looks as if he's sabotaging it. Playing the worst lineups imaginable, breaking up good lines, putting two horrendously defensive forwards out together consistently, ice time allocation, etc. not to mention how awful the team looks structurally. 

Just now, RayCathode said:

Yeah, I'm not really attached to any of this bunch except maybe Horvat, Pettersson and Martin. The big problem is the cap is so screwed with long term, big money deals that we will have a near impossible task in getting rid of them. 

I like Petterson he is a good player but part of me says he isn’t a true super star to drive a team  

1 minute ago, combover said:

I’m a little confused when owners said they didn’t want a rebuild because the want playoff revenue doesn’t that mean the team  needs to make the playoffs…. 

This team sucks 

Time to make trades garland boeser miller Myer OEL  really anyone and everyone should be available for the right price. Start over do it right shake out  all the JB stupid and build a team that has a chance to win.

Agreed but let's be real.. OEL is going nowhere with that contract. 

Myers, Garland, Boeser are all redundant.

Miller is decent but will hold us back in 4 years when we're ready to compete.

• Cheers 1

The defence tonight:

- waay too many open gaps on the defence on opposition breakouts and often leaving a forward of theirs all alone. 

really slow reads and terrible marking from the defence.

The PP tonight:

- that bumper play to horvat is so predictable its not even funny. there was a sequence where they did that 3 times over to no avail.

same with miller in the high slot trying to shoot with no screen. I think they should move miller to the front of the net and have kuzmenko in that slot. 

- this constant passing back and forth from huggy/petey is infuriating. As much as I like huggy, his shot is sub par.

He doesn't have that salo bomb or even one as strong as edler's slapshots.

- Petey stickhandles and tries to make the perfect play, that when he decides to shoot its often too late.

He arguably has the best shot on the team, he should be utilizing. BB talked about things being to cute and that is a very notable "bad habit" that they keep going back to. 

It needs to be fixed.

Overall:

2-0 lead then TOR comes back to win 3-2. 

At least they fought in the third this time rather than treated it like a morning skate.

Still not enough, but at this point, even showing effort is an accomplishment. sad.

Just now, RayCathode said:

If someone looked at Montreal's team a few years ago, they would've thought the same thing. If we choose to go through a mini rebuild, we can do so despite JT and OEL's deals. 

5 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Alvin has to be the worst GM in nhl history 

Don't get this. It's been less than a year.

Multiple NMC's or modified NMC's which are hard to deal. We were good on paper and everyone was stoked for the season.

The only trade that's looking bad so far is the Stillman deal. Looks awful actually.

I like the rest of the moves though. I think something big is coming, whether it's Bruce or a core piece moved. It's going to happen Monday after we lose to the Bruins tomorrow.

Edited by Maginator
  • Upvote 1