The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Apathy - what was your last straw?

Rate this topic

dougieL

18 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

Exact same time for me Provost; all the talk, then using a third and valuable cap space for a fringe dman the Leafs would of waived.

Final straw has been lingering for the last week; I actually simply don’t enjoy watching them play. They have no system of play (skate around halter skelter), have no emotion, no excitement, and play disinterested. Even Bruce just looks like he doesn’t care. Tack on JRs stupid comments with no action, and PA being MIA; no thanks…..rather watch any NFL game right now.

It's the no emotion that kills me. It's been like this for years. 

Me I just want us to seriously clean house of all players.  

We could get 4 or so first,other picks and 5 or so good prospects to kick start the rebuild making it three years we should have a winning team. 

If QH and EP want to stay still no more then two years long as we get a top three pick thus year.  

We all know that thus retool BS just doesn't work and won't if they make trades now.

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Me I just want us to seriously clean house of all players.  

We could get 4 or so first,other picks and 5 or so good prospects to kick start the rebuild making it three years we should have a winning team. 

If QH and EP want to stay still no more then two years long as we get a top three pick thus year.  

We all know that thus retool BS just doesn't work and won't if they make trades now.

If we want to clean house, we need to get rid of OEL, which would cost a ton. That's why we're in such a huge mess. We can't even start over with a clean slate and accumulate assets, because players like OEL have negative value. 

It's ironic that while we SPENT picks to get OEL and Garland, we'll need to spend MORE picks to get rid of OEL. I'm not sure how much Garland is worth, but he can't be worth much right now.

For me it is the new management.

They promised change and did not deliver anything other than excuses. Stating things like they are capped strapped and it is too hard to trade bad contracts do not cut it for me. These people were brought in to make a difference and find solutions which is not happening.

All we have seen so far is an extension of GMJB's playbook. Trading a 3rd for Dermott, a second for Stillman and extending Miller and Boeser and signing IM for big a big cap hit are the same things Benning has been doing.

Miller and Boeser should have been moved for cap space and to get younger and more picks. This should have happened at the draft. A second for Stillman is inexcusable. I accept the Dermott move because the pick traded was the return from Hamonic and Dermott has been injured but the management group have dug their own hole. All they did this season was to double down on last season's team.

The defense needed fixing and this team seriously needs a big minute shut down defender and instead we get more forwards on big contracts and fringe defender brought in.

Rutherford's criticism of the coaching is also unpalatable. Boudreau has an AHL defense to work with and has been hung out as a lame duck coach. Travis Green made things too complicated, too much structure and this team couldn't handle it, Boudreau tried to simplify, allow the guys to play but there is a broken core on this team.

Time to start building from the net out, the same way other great teams are built. Move some core players, not named Bo, and reconstruct this team.

Edited by GB5
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, dougieL said:

If we want to clean house, we need to get rid of OEL, which would cost a ton. That's why we're in such a huge mess. We can't even start over with a clean slate and accumulate assets, because players like OEL have negative value. 

It's ironic that while we SPENT picks to get OEL and Garland, we'll need to spend MORE picks to get rid of OEL. I'm not sure how much Garland is worth, but he can't be worth much right now.

No OEL you keep as we need some vets to help and like said would cost to much.You never know maybe a desperate team might call about him sometime.