The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 15 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - KeyBank Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

What we need is a good old fashioned rivalry. Playing these eastern teams once a year does nothing to create energy for this team. In the bubble year it was great because we played within our division 6 times! Right now this team is just blah. Never thought watching the canucks would make me miss covid...

Fans have to stop concentrating on Bruce, there is no line up he has not tried either at the start of game or during it.

I see injuries to roster players is  going to used as an excuse soon.

Canucks start off with almost 164 man games lost this year thanks to Ferland and Poolman alone, Dermott can be good for another 40 or so by the looks of it. Then there are the 4th liners to throw in there, but that is an excuse and not relevant at all.

Buffalo started at the same time as the Canucks and neither team has won a cup, that is disgusting but if there is a team closer today Buffalo has to considered much, much closer. Two STUD defencemen and 13 players 26 and under.

Buffalo is fast, they are learning and it appears they are shedding their losing culture but they had to move many veterans and get lot of young guys on the roster, NHL calibre guys, star level. 

Buffalo will start off hot this game, Vancouver will start off desperate.

Buffalo has a 5 game losing streak going Vancouver a 3 game streak.

One team is ending their streak.

Vancouver is now 30th in the league they could be 32nd if the two teams below them win a game.

Game management will be or could be the deciding factor, logic would indicate that Vancouver should be the more tired team and get many more hooking and holding calls against them considering the speed difference but Game Management will keep it close.

Buffalo wins, fans call for Bruce's head not realizing or not caring that it is the team not the coach.

Edited by ToTellTheTruth
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Fans have to stop concentrating on Bruce, there is no line up he has not tried either at the start of game or during it.

I see injuries to roster players is  going to used as an excuse soon.

Canucks start off with almost 164 man games lost this year thanks to Ferland and Poolman alone, Dermott can be good for another 40 or so by the looks of it. Then there are the 4th liners to throw in there, but that is an excuse and not relevant at all.

Buffalo started at the same time as the Canucks and neither team has won a cup, that is disgusting but if there is a team closer today Buffalo has to considered much, much closer. Two STUD defencemen and 13 players 26 and under.

Buffalo is fast, they are learning and it appears they are shedding their losing culture but they had to move many veterans and get lot of young guys on the roster, NHL calibre guys, star level. 

Buffalo will start off hot this game, Vancouver will start off desperate.

Buffalo has a 5 game losing streak going Vancouver a 3 game streak.

One team is ending their streak.

Vancouver is now 30th in the league they could be 32nd if the two teams below them win a game.

Game management will be or could be the deciding factor, logic would indicate that Vancouver should be the more tired team and get many more hooking and holding calls against them considering the speed difference but GM will keep it close.

Buffalo wins, fans call for Bruce's head not realizing or not caring that it is the team not the coach.

You know what they say about being "close"....(close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I need to stay objective. I gave the nucks a 20 game window to show they can be above 500. I did this because of the significant changes in players--adding more than 1/3 new guys. Well it's been only 16 games and it's already guaranteed this team will be under 500. Demko was the X factor.

I'm now officially on team tank. Start benching the useless vets and play the kids. Shop most of the team. Get a great draft positions. Don't be like years of old and win road games at the end of season at the expense of the draft position. I know it's too hard for players to personally tank but JR can make failure more probable with moves for picks or cap room. 

• Sad 1
  • There it is 1

Both mired in losing streaks, the Vancouver Canucks visit the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday in a battle of teams desperate for a breakout performance.

The Canucks have lost their last three games while the Sabres have suffered five consecutive losses. Each team lost to the league-leading Boston Bruins over the weekend -- Buffalo had a 3-1 setback on home ice Saturday, and Vancouver a 5-2 defeat in Boston on Sunday.

The Sabres held a 1-0 lead until 18:51 of the second period before the Bruins scored three unanswered goals. Tage Thompson scored a tremendous short-handed marker for Buffalo's only score of the game.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/vancouver_canucks_vs_buffalo_sabres_preview_odds_somethings_gotta_give/s1_17050_38120790

(Also...lol. The picture with the article shows 53 but I swear that looks like Miller)

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Podkolzin's eye is mangled pretty bad 

he did take a real good punch to the face, maybe they sit him for the game and insert Lockwood if he can be in Buffalo in time? Podz is a tough kid so probably wants to play through it and after his fight maybe this could help turn his season around! 

Hoping Podz can develop into a Nichushkin for us with some more seasoning and patience by the team AND fans

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

315646145_10159848436275549_163650366090

Present.

I don't care about tanking or any of that crap. I really need to celebrate a good win.

Sports is hard.

I'm going to watch as many games as I can. 

I have to be honest and admit that I will be less upset if we lose, but I will still be along for the ride. 

I try to be an informed Canucks fan and watching the games instead of reading box scores is a big part of it IMO.