The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Columbus would be a great trade partner for Vancouver.  They have lots of young prospects at RHD.  Jiricek is the prize, but they also have Ceulemans.  Peeke would be good as well and can play right away.  Kent Johnson, the local boy would be a good fit here. 

he has been very up and down this season and took a hard shot/left injured vs the Flyers yesterday. Hasnt taken the big step people were hoping he would this year.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Horvat would fix alot of their problems.  Goal scoring, faceoffs, centre depth.  And he's only 28 next year so he's even younger than Gaudreau.  I think their GM is on the hot seat.  Desperate GM's do desperate things.  We should know that here in Vancouver...

Would you trade our 1st round this year and our best prospect for a top deadline expiring target in order to compete with Miller’s contract when we are near the bottom of the league?

CBJ are off worst because they are dead last and riddled with injuries. 

• Cheers 1

Columbus cap and roster:  https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bluejackets

Vancouver cap and roster: https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

Rumours out of Columbus put Kekalainen on the hot seat.  Columbus brass say otherwise but the "he's our man" comments are a kiss of death.  Having been in charge since 2013 has made the playoffs 5 times but only passed the first round once.  Had permission to spend out but buried himself with questionable contracts and as such is rumoured to be on the hot seat 

Any major deal has to be either cap in/cap out but with the Canucks having to eat more cap to make it work any deal has to favour the canucks in terms of returned assets.  This must/would include any of the following: this years 1st; a top prospect, lesser picks and or lesser prospects.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Would you trade our 1st round this year and our best prospect for a top deadline expiring target in order to compete with Miller’s contract when we are near the bottom of the league?

CBJ are off worst because they are dead last and riddled with injuries. 

Horvat would need to sign an extension in order for Columbus to consider trading Johnson or Jiricek.  I agree with you in principle.  Perhaps there is a larger deal in play here with different players included.  Rathbone, Hoglander, even Podkolzin could be on the table, we don't know.  

• Cheers 1

if theydidthisthe hockeygods would punish the canucks even more....bozo idea horvat is tough skilled and a leader...waste of time thinking this..if you signed peterson miler and brock why would you not sign the best ...very crazy if the do ...trade some prospects..id keep Lockwood too...

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We can totally take on Voracek's contract.  Just have to eliminate some dead weight, Pearson. Boeser and Garland...

14 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

You're the leak

Horvat (with extension agreed upon prior to trade) + Pearson (500k retained) + 2023 3rd for Voracek + Johnson (5OA 2021) + Cuelemans (25th OA 2021)

E5

Horvat is very positive value, Pearson is neutral to slightly positive, Voracek is probably positive value given how his production held up last season but he doesn't help them at center

Value might be off a bit depending on how CBJ currently values Voracek but he seems like the cap hit to move imo

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

Horvat + Boeser for Voracek + Johnson?

Columbus gets the best current player, plus offloads their worst contract. Replace Voracek with a younger, cheaper winger. 

Vancouver replaces Horvat with a local C who’s 1-2 years away, and offloads Brock’s contract, for a shorter, but higher contract. 

28 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Horvat + Boeser for Voracek + Johnson?

Columbus gets the best current player, plus offloads their worst contract. Replace Voracek with a younger, cheaper winger. 

Vancouver replaces Horvat with a local C who’s 1-2 years away, and offloads Brock’s contract, for a shorter, but higher contract. 

This is along the lines I was thinking but would with a CBJ top d prospect as well. Horvat or Miller plus Boeser is worth far more than Johnson and Voracek is negative value.

You guys :lol:

They are not going to sell their franchise forward + dman for an expiring UFA. Not even Voracek as a cap dump would be enough. And even if Horvat agrees to sign, that would be terribly shortsighted for them.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Petey Castiglione said:

All the moves this management team has made have never been leaked.  Miller/Boeser trade let's go!

Right. While I have some criticisms of the current management group, I have to give them credit for running a tight ship with no leaks. I am therefore inclined to discount pretty much any rumour.  We know that JR would like to make some trades but we have very little idea of potential trading partners. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Jiricek and Johnson they will keep. 

It would have been easier with Benning. He would have taken Nyqvist and Boqvist for Horvat and Hughes.

Now I think we will ship Miller or Horvat and Myers for Björk, Voracek, a top prospect, Boqvist and a pick

We get a vet, two RD that fits the core agewise and two younger players.

They get a really good C to complement Gaudreau and a better version of Gudbranson wich they need now that Gudbranson isn’t a fit and Boqvist injured.

We might even get them to take OEL if they are real desperate.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Any major deal has to be either cap in/cap out but with the Canucks having to eat more cap to make it work any deal has to favour the canucks in terms of returned assets.  This must/would include any of the following: this years 1st; a top prospect, lesser picks and or lesser prospects.

We could easily retain on BoHo's expiring deal just for the remainder of this season (would do virtually nothing to our overall long-term cap-situation to do that) if that sweetened the offer and we got exactly what Allvin/JR feel we need.  

Boeser + Burroughs for Roslovic + Boqvist + 3rd

About the same cap going each way. Roslovic and Boqvist have both been healthy scratches this year for Columbus at some point. Burroughs gives their D some support now while Boqvist is on LTIR.

Alternatively, I'd do Garland and Pearson for Boqvist and Nyquist. I think the cap balances out this year, but we free up space for next year to help extend Bo.

14 minutes ago, Odd. said:

You guys :lol:

They are not going to sell their franchise forward + dman for an expiring UFA. Not even Voracek as a cap dump would be enough. And even if Horvat agrees to sign, that would be terribly shortsighted for them.

That's why most proposals are contingent on there being a Bo extension agreed on prior to the trade or it being Miller going the other way.. 

As for shortsighted, hard to say. Right now they've got one guy in Jenner who's probably a legit top 6 center. Sillinger and Johnson haven't shown they're ready just yet. Plus, with Gaudreau and Laine signed to term it makes sense for them to at least try and be competitive sooner than later.

Neither Johnson or Sillinger are franchise forwards yet, and one of them could be expendable for the right return. I lean more towards them trading Johnson though. Jiricek is still potential at this point, he ain't no franchise D yet.

You're not getting Jiricek AND Johnson but you might get one or the other+ as part of a Horvat trade. Cuelemans could also be a RD prospect target despite being a lower 1st round pick last year (25OA 2021). 

I do think we'd have to take Voracek back somehow though and I'm fine with that. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

I see a couple options:

Horvat (extension) +  Rathbone for Johnson and Ceulemans 

Take the better C prospect and pick up a RHD with some upside 

or 

Horvat (extension) + Rathbone for Sillinger and Jiricek 

Take a solid 3C with potential plus a potential top pairing D

Anyhow any combination of these trades really helps us start the "retool":bigblush: strong. These are players 2-3 years away from making real impacts which would go with our timeline. Then move wingers like Garland and Boeser for cap flexibility while gaining more picks and prospects, while getting a high 2023 pick from our downfall and suddenly the so called "rebuild" can be done in as short as 2 years of being bad. Guess what we've been shit for 10 years so I'll take 2 years of being really bad but at least we be excited and have something to look forward to. 

GET'R'DONE JR

Why would Horvat sign an extension to go to CBJ when he can go anywhere he pleases at end of season?

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's why most proposals are contingent on there being a Bo extension agreed on prior to the trade or it being Miller going the other way.. 

As for shortsighted, hard to say. Right now they've got one guy in Jenner who's probably a legit top 6 center. Sillinger and Johnson haven't shown they're ready just yet. Plus, with Gaudreau and Laine signed to term it makes sense for them to at least try and be competitive sooner than later.

Neither Johnson or Sillinger are franchise forwards yet, and one of them could be expendable for the right return. I lean more towards them trading Johnson though. Jiricek is still potential at this point, he ain't no franchise D yet.

You're not getting Jiricek AND Johnson but you might get one or the other+ as part of a Horvat trade. Cuelemans could also be a RD prospect target despite being a lower 1st round pick last year (25OA 2021). 

I do think we'd have to take Voracek back somehow though and I'm fine with that. 

Gaudreau - Miller - Laine sounds better than Gaudreau - BoHo - Laine

• Cheers 3