The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

Seems weird CBJ would be doing anything right now especially giving up youth for pending UFA. 

i don’t see Horvat  signing with them and they don’t need a rental. 
Maybe a smaller deal or potentially Miller who is locked up and is from Ohio and wasn’t CBJ rumoured to be a trade destination for him in pre resigning.  

30 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Send'em JT & TP, take back Vorachek(to make cap wash).

The question becomes, how many additional goodies do they throw in?

That could work too, Miller's contract would immediately kick in and eat up Voracek's cap next season. Pearson having an extra year might be a headache but I reckon they could probably dump him on someone. 

We'd have to take cap back. They have a nearly expiring dead cap hit player? Nyquist the only one I can think of off the top of my head. 6 points in 15 games. The perfect target for dead cap coming back, that we can let expire come offseason. I wonder if they're interested in Myers. Their defense looks suspect, but at the same time I may just not know the big names. Peeke is the only standout player at first glance. I don't think they can take the entirety of OEL's contract. Hughes will cost them too much.

Myers for a 3rd rounder and Nyquist? Smallish move though that doesn't move the needle much for them. But at the same time it's only a 3rd rounder. I dunno. I am not much of a proposal guy.

14 minutes ago, combover said:

Seems weird CBJ would be doing anything right now especially giving up youth for pending UFA. 

i don’t see Horvat  signing with them and they don’t need a rental. 
Maybe a smaller deal or potentially Miller who is locked up and is from Ohio and wasn’t CBJ rumoured to be a trade destination for him in pre resigning.  

Miller baby! Let’s go! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Either he's got a new leak source in the organization (and soon some more "whack-a-mole") or he's just tossing faeces at the wall to see what will stick.

I'm thinking it's the latter, given how tight-lipped the organization has been before the recent moves they've made.

Maybe the leak is coming out of Columbus not Van? 

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Wonder why CBJ consider. They tied for dead last in league.

Not sure 1 player would turn it around for them. 

bo's young, why not? hes a good player (of coarse not enough to turn things around, but enough to build around him) , personally rather dump myers , miller and boeser....before i trade bo unless the deal is to hard to pass up by columbus

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

Here’s a recent prospects ranking from the Columbus message board:

1. Kent Johnson (LW/C)
2. David Jiricek (D)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW/RW)
4. Denton Mateychuk (D)
5. Corson Ceulemans (D)
6. Daniil Tarasov (G)
7. Nick Blankenburg (D)
8. Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
9. Stanislav Svozil (D)
10. Liam Foudy (C/LW)
11. Dmitri Voronkov (LW)
12. Guillaume Richard (D)
13. Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
14. Jordan Dumais (RW)
15. Samuel Knazko (D)
16. Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
17. Aidan Hreschuk (D)
18. Jacob Christiansen (D)
19. Sergei Ivanov (G)
20. Nikolai Makarov (D)

Yeah get me one of them no.1 please with a no.2 and a side of  no.5. Oh and can you throw in a no.14.

Please drive ahead sir.

Thank you 

• Haha 1

Just now, stawns said:

Columbus already have several high priced, long term contracts and a million less in cap space than the Canucks.  They'd have to send back more cap than they take in.  I don't see how they would be a trade partner 

If we’re taking money back they’re adding sweeteners. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

If we’re taking money back they’re adding sweeteners. 

I don't see them as good trading partners, personally.  But, if they want to be creative and take Miller, I'm all for it.  Once the signed JG, I didn't see them as a good fit

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

Why would Columbus go for Miller, with his age and the long term contract, while we all know Horvat is on the market?

Unless he wants out, I'm not buying that Horvat is on the market.  Regardless, CBJ is right up against the cap and won't be able to afford either of them

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Unless he wants out, I'm not buying that Horvat is on the market.  Regardless, CBJ is right up against the cap and won't be able to afford either of them

Wonder if it would be a Garland deal, with rumblings he’s not too popular in the room apparently? 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • There it is 1