The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, Devron said:

Boeser has lucked his way to a point per game this season. I wish I was lucky like Boeser 

At the end of the year fans won't ask how many of Boeser's goals bounced in off his backside or whatever other part of his body. He is going to the net and that counts for something. My hope is that lots of pucks bounce off him and that he can be traded for d-side help. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

At the end of the year fans won't ask how many of Boeser's goals bounced in off his backside or whatever other part of his body. He is going to the net and that counts for something. My hope is that lots of pucks bounce off him and that he can be traded for d-side help. 

He went to the net once on essentially a 2 on 1.  Other than that hes been parked there on the pp because hes useless everywhere else.  

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

He went to the net once on essentially a 2 on 1.  Other than that hes been parked there on the pp because hes useless everywhere else.  

So useless that he ranks 10th in points for his draft year, even though he was drafted 23rd overall.  All while playing at least 45 games less than the 9 guys ahead of him.

Everyone knows Boeser needs to be better, and most people would trade him to fill holes in other parts of the roster... but your obsession with the player - and your talking down to anyone that says anything positive about him - is rather pathetic.

Its too bad the guys who you constantly pump - guys like Hogs and Podz (who I think are good players btw) - dont luck their way into almost a point per game.  Its amazing that only Brock seems to do that. lol

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 2

Undoubtedly their most complete and impressive game of the season. 

If they can't build on this and take the momentum into the next game, then you know it's broken. If a different team shows up tomorrow night, and they look like they did before then it's time to make some tough decisions. Demko looked good, so that's a good sign this team is obviously going to need him in the same form as last year.

I'm starting to wonder, why is it that Hughes doesn't score more goals? He's on the first unit PP, and plays a ton of minutes. He's gotta start shooting the puck a bit more, this team needs some goals from the back end badly. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Yeah he’s the guy to move for sure. 

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Bb6 has a few lucky tap ins on open nets and his fan club get their panties wet forgetting how disastrous hes been every other game.

Hope he scores a few more today so we can trade the anchor fast

I don’t think it’s really a Boeser fan club. He’s a decent hockey player that people just hate on cause he’s not very fast. He’s disastrous because you want him to be. It’s your perception that won’t change regardless what he does. Yes he is the player we should be looking at moving as much as I love his character 

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, lmm said:

did you feel the same way  about Daniel and Marchand?

Not as bad, but I was disappointed in his response for sure.

19 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Didn't he score 60 goals last season? He's not paid to fight, not everyone is violent.

When another player has to make up for your deficiencies that is not a complete hockey player IMO, especially when you are paid the money he makes. Some are great shooters, some are great passers, some are great skaters but if you join a sport where its full contact and you can't even stick up for yourself? That is an issue. Bure, Lemieux, Yzerman and even Crosby stuck up for themselves. Just because he scores, that should not excuse him from being physical in a physical sport.

• Huggy Bear 1

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Lucky tap-ins?  Boeser was net front on that PP goal, which was an incredible pass by Miller, but Brock has to fight hard for insid3 position.  And his second goal was a very hard net drive, finished with elite skill.  Both goals were the result of the kind of character (internal toughness) needed free m Brock to succeed.  He needs to lay the hard game every shift. 

Too bad it took him 12 games to figure it out though. Hopefully it doesn't take 12 more for the next one.

18 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Faster to the bottom of the standings you mean. Pre-Linden and Bure Trauma is too hard to overcome in some epic bad years.

Yeah, but those teams played a full sixty minutes and had arguably their best post season ever in those unis.

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Not as bad, but I was disappointed in his response for sure.

When another player has to make up for your deficiencies that is not a complete hockey player IMO, especially when you are paid the money he makes. Some are great shooters, some are great passers, some are great skaters but if you join a sport where its full contact and you can't even stick up for yourself? That is an issue. Bure, Lemieux, Yzerman and even Crosby stuck up for themselves. Just because he scores, that should not excuse him from being physical in a physical sport.

How about Gretzky? 

• Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I understand why some people like the Johnny Canuck thing but it's just not my cup of tea 

Or maybe I just haven't seen it done in a way that I care for yet, hard to say 

the thing about Johnny Canuck is that logging is so last century

Johnny Canuck is Your Grandfathers Johnny canuck

If I could do graphics, I'd do Johnny Canuck holding a tray of drinks or some Chichi Haute Cuisine

That would be more in keeping with @2022 Johnny

• There it is 1