The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 WJHC Pool - Group B (First Come First Serve)

AriGold

Just now, Gator said:

How much time do I have?

Draft Limits/Key Dates - The Draft will run with 6 hour time limits from 8 AM PST - 12 AM PST every day from Sunday December 5th until Monday December 20th at 11:59 PST. From Tuesday December 21st to Wednesday December 22nd, the draft will have a 1 hour time limit from 8 AM PST until 12 AM PST to ensure the draft's completion before the start of the tournament.

but for the love of all things, please don't pick in 5hours and 50 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

Draft Limits/Key Dates - The Draft will run with 6 hour time limits from 8 AM PST - 12 AM PST every day from Sunday December 5th until Monday December 20th at 11:59 PST. From Tuesday December 21st to Wednesday December 22nd, the draft will have a 1 hour time limit from 8 AM PST until 12 AM PST to ensure the draft's completion before the start of the tournament.

but for the love of all things, please don't pick in 5hours and 50 minutes.

It's football Sunday so I might be a few hours. Sorry :unsure:

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Some years we have skipped a guy who doesn't pick  and then wait another full window for a second pick..

I think we should autoskip anyone who has not made up their missed pick by the time their next pick is due. 

Not yet, lets give people some time for the first 7 days. Zero rush at the moment.

25 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Not yet, lets give people some time for the first 7 days. Zero rush at the moment.

I am okay being outvoted, but my dislike of waiting on someone who misseed their original 6 hour window and never made up the pick is twofold: it stalls the draft for someone who isn't that into it, clearly, missing a full six hours and then still missing in action when their turn comes around again: AND it gives the bookend two guys, in this case you and Rush17 a 12 hour window, which is an unfair advantage. LIkely you specific two don't use twelve hours, but thinking in broad general sweeps, any person in the 1st or 10th pick spot every year has a 12 hour window using the snake draft method if we don't autoskip after the first missed pick. 

THat is all i have on the subject, i don't care enough to fight about it, but my reasons are based in logic and not wanting to sit around stalled out waiting for 12 hours, potentially, when 90% of folks pick within minutes. I won't speak on it anymore, i think my points are self evident ((thinking back to a league draft year, the guy with number one pick sat on it for two weeks until the 'pick anytime you want' window expired, and his time on the clock was all used up and then with moments left to pick, made his pick: just a dick move and leaving room to be a dick sucks. (and then that guy quit the league a few weeks or a month later) lol

Edited by Primal Optimist

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Team Canada Goalies; 

@AriGold

@Primal Optimist recommend you wait at least the 6 hours before calling for skips...   :lol: With any luck, u can pick again tonight...

i have no problem with the six hour window, i was just hoping to get an agreement before any one person would think they were being targeted: I find almost everyone thinks that policy discussion is targeting them or someone they know when it really truely never is: it is just about policy. I think the fairest way in this kind of a snake draft one off every year is to just autoskip someone until they make up their first missed pick, but at this point i am just beating a horse that has already dropped dead, lol. No worries.