The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ticketed for pulling out mobile order at drive thru

wai_lai416

On 11/23/2022 at 11:00 AM, Odd. said:

Cop probably mad he didn’t get in the drive thru fast enough and grab his Tim bits

Reminds me of a story a cop buddy told me he was going through Tims, got a emergency call and had to put on his sirens, well there was 3 cars infront of him.  He was stuck for a couple minutes before he was able to get out because the person was still getting their food up front lol.  Lets just say I don't think he did drive thrus for a while.

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2022 at 4:05 AM, Russ said:

Reminds me of a story a cop buddy told me he was going through Tims, got a emergency call and had to put on his sirens, well there was 3 cars infront of him.  He was stuck for a couple minutes before he was able to get out because the person was still getting their food up front lol.  Lets just say I don't think he did drive thrus for a while.

Years ago, in what seems a former life. I worked at a White Spot Drive In as a carhop. One beautiful summer day. It was pretty quiet. Then an RCMP car pulls in. I go out, sure enough he wanted a burger and fries. He was super nice. So I bring out his order on those long trays. We slide it into the cop car. His shotgun was blocking the way. I had to wait while he put his shotgun into the trunk of the cruiser. Then the tray fit just fine. We chuckled. Gave me a big tip. But he had his scanner on all the time. He had his nice break in the middle of the day. :lol:

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Years ago, in what seems a former life. I worked at a White Spot Drive In as a carhop. One beautiful summer day. It was pretty quiet. Then an RCMP car pulls in. I go out, sure enough he wanted a burger and fries. He was super nice. So I bring out his order on those long trays. We slide it into the cop car. His shotgun was blocking the way. I had to wait while he put his shotgun into the trunk of the cruiser. Then the tray fit just fine. We chuckled. Gave me a big tip. But he had his scanner on all the time. He had his nice break in the middle of the day. :lol:

Damn, the White Spot in South Vancouver (SE Marine) closed down recently.  Seems like that franchise was there FOREVER.  Dislike going to the "Triple O" versions of the franchise (I think all the burgers there are just premade & nuked but that's just my speculation).

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Damn, the White Spot in South Vancouver (SE Marine) closed down recently.  Seems like that franchise was there FOREVER.  Dislike going to the "Triple O" versions of the franchise (I think all the burgers there are just premade & nuked but that's just my speculation).

The Triple O's on SW Marine and Main seems ok when I get a burger there. I think there's a nostalgia in drive in's and even in the restaurants. A lot of the drive in's are vanishing.

I know of the one on West Broadway, North Van, and I think Surrey. The one in Richmond was long gone, the one even downtown near Stanley Park is gone. The irony is the Triple O's near Highway 99 I know is part owned by a woman who used to be a waitress at the Granville in Richmond location. She even still recognized me when I was there a few years ago. Then again I wouldn't be suprised if they've changed hands, given the way business is.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I’ve gone to the Hwy 99 Triple O’s many times as it’s the nearest one to me, usually use the drive thru in the Summer.

Edit; haven’t been there in a long time but used to get a vanilla shake and the onion rings are good 

Edited by Mj2345