The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nov23/22 Vancouver Canucks(6-10-3) @ Colorado Avalanche(11-5-1) in Ball Arena at 7:00pm PT SNP SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

For those who think Spencer is better than Demko, I disagree. It’s true Demko looks like hippo dung these days, but that’s a confidence thing. Petey was the same way for half a season last year. Spencer is good, but has also had a lot of offensive support in his games. I have a bad feeling he’ll be lit up like a Christmas tree tonight.

• Cheers 3

More Run n Gun, which I must say has been entertaining.  We ain't winning this one but I'll tune in.  I'll always follow the team, heck when we only had Bo and Tryamkin I was watching just to see Bo-drags and Tryamkin smashes.  Not sure why I watch now, probably mainly for Petey & Kuz but I can't ever switch teams.  I'll always enjoy the wins but we need more than just wins, we need to shake up the roster!

angry homer simpson GIF

24 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Would like to see Burroughs solidify the bottom pairing cause the Stillman experiment is a mess and is another black mark on Allvins' short tenure.  

Jason Dickenson: 14GP and 8 points.

While those stats look good the majority of those points come from 3 games

The only blemish is the 2nd for stillman when the canucks already have a surplus of number 7/8 dmen

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Slegr said:

For those who think Spencer is better than Demko, I disagree. It’s true Demko looks like hippo dung these days, but that’s a confidence thing. Petey was the same way for half a season last year. Spencer is good, but has also had a lot of offensive support in his games. I have a bad feeling he’ll be lit up like a Christmas tree tonight.

Demko has also had lots of offensive support…. He’s been in net for almost every single multi goal lead thats been blown this season…. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

That’s a good coach over there!

Just like Francesco with FO personnel, his (bratty) roster is a human meat grinder when it comes to coaches - but his rigid approach didn't help with NHL millionaires; and currently, Boudreaus' pandering approach is quickly, losing its affect. With hindsight, even Scotty Bowman will be ineffective, with a roster full of apathetic player, that are mostly interested in padding their stats.

But the team has Green 2.0 (Cull) and another rigid coach in Yeo, it also seems the loss of Walker & Shaw where more significant than what the FO taught.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

22 minutes ago, Wanless said:

While those stats look good the majority of those points come from 3 games

The only blemish is the 2nd for stillman when the canucks already have a surplus of number 7/8 dmen

19 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yup, another strike on Allvin short tenure. 

Stillman was a pre curser to the bear acquisition and it explains why van never opted to wait for him to go on waivers , that wouldn’t have worked ,also the leafs were in the waiver rotation before van. Carolina retaining partial salary of bears 2.2 mil. To help van be cap compliant. Without Carolinas help to achieve bears desire to land in van there wouldn’t have even been a stillman trade since he didn’t actually address any Canuck need at the time, nor was dickinsons fall off with attached salary make any sense. Since the alternative was to hope Dickinson would clear waivers to go to Abby , and they would have lost him for nothing. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Because we've never got an explanation about Trev. Not saying we needed one but the Silence about some of the decision making says a lot. 

Fair enough.

The way I understood it, and what was largely reported was Linden wanted to build the team and steer the franchise down a different path than ownership. Linden wanted a slower, methodical proper rebuild while ownership wanted a faster, more on the fly approach. Linden was against frivolously trading picks for veterans that may help the team short term  while sacrificing prospects and young player inventory into the system. Essentially, Linden wanted full rebuild...others did not. We can assume the "others" were Aquilini and Benning. This is reaffirmed when you look at how the two managed this team, doing exactly what Linden didn't agree with. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Enjoyed the Boudreau pre-game interview, as always. He is always engaging to listen to.

One point I noticed was that he was asked Myers and he said "you guys ask tough questions". That is only a tough question if Myers is playing like crap (which he is), which makes it tough to give an honest answer without throwing the player under the bus. There is a good article today on Canucks army about recent trade talks involving Myers--suggesting that Myers trade value is now more negative than it was in the summer (not surprisingly).

I think Myers' best chance to have any on-ice value is to play with Burroughs on the 3rd pairing, as is happening tonight.  Tough game for Burroughs to come into but I am just glad to see him on the team. This time I hope Bruce lets him play for a few games. I cannot understand the decision-making that had Stillman ahead of Burroughs.

• Upvote 2