The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nov23/22 Vancouver Canucks(6-10-3) @ Colorado Avalanche(11-5-1) in Ball Arena at 7:00pm PT SNP SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I'm cheering for a win as always, but sadly inside... I have great despair for this team. Thought we had a solid group of players/coaches to finally compete this year and have some optimism... But the same result as always.

The end is nigh for some of these players that I've grown attached to.. Brock... Bo... JT... Garland... Demko...

This team is so depressing :(... feels like I'm about to break up with a girlfriend. This could be the last one for some of these guys. Has to happen though. This isn't working.

Go Canucks.

• Huggy Bear 2

They both have 10 games played.

Burroughs 32 hits in 10g

20 blocks in 10g

Stillman.   16 hits in 10g 

9 blocks in 10g

We are better defensivly wirh Burrz.

Burroughs is also the better agitator. Picking his spots better. Has a goal, and is a devoted local boy on every play. Stillman started out strong last game then faded away.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I'm actually not convinced of the coaching this year. Changing winning lineups, constantly benching certain players, the mad obsession with having an LHD paired with RHD. I never thought I'd say this but Baumgartner looks better than Yeo/Cull this season. Last season the team couldn't score to save their lives, this season it's they can't prevent a goal or hold a lead. 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I'm cheering for a win as always, but sadly inside... I have great despair for this team. Thought we had a solid group of players/coaches to finally compete this year and have some optimism... But the same result as always.

The end is nigh for some of these players that I've grown attached to.. Brock... Bo... JT... Garland... Demko...

This team is so depressing :(... feels like I'm about to break up with a girlfriend. This could be the last one for some of these guys. Has to happen though. This isn't working.

Go Canucks.

And these guys aren't the problem. It's the overpriced D contracts,lack of sandpaper, and lack of D depth. If we can hang on to Petty, Bo and Demko for 3 more years, a tank this year could really help management reset for years 3 or 4. I think the new management group has an operation-stealth tank, sanctioned by Aqua. 

5 minutes ago, tas said:

because the best gm in the league is a better evaluator of talent than the dunces on cdc. 

He's played a ton more games with the Colorado Eagles than with the Avs, he's still a bottom level spare part from 7 years ago. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel