Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Ryan Reaves to Wild for 2025 5th-round pick


Recommended Posts

  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Rangers trade Ryan Reaves to Wild for 2025 5th-round pick
4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Adding duclair as fla needs to dump money asap 

Duclair comes in at 3M, NYR have just under 2M in space now 

 

They'd have to send someone back

 

Looks like Reaves wanted out though, could be as simple as that 

 

Plus, I don't see why they'd dump Duclair given he scored 31 goals last season and has a season remaining after this one 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Duclair comes in at 3M, NYR have just under 2M in space now 

 

They'd have to send someone back

 

Looks like Reaves wanted out though, could be as simple as that 

 

Plus, I don't see why they'd dump Duclair given he scored 31 goals last season and has a season remaining after this one 

Florida doesn't have the 3M to activate Duclair - ie they need to clear 3M as he is nearing coming off LTIR and also can't take cap back in a Duclair trade.  The Panther only have 20 players on the roster right now and even had to play short-handed the other day because they couldn't recall anyone.  

 

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mll said:

Florida doesn't have the 3M to activate Duclair - ie they can't take cap back in a Duclair trade.  The Panther only have 20 players on the roster right now and even had to play short-handed the other day because they couldn't recall anyone.  

 

Watch it be Hornqvist then, he's on an expiring deal anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Minnesota going to bully the West around.

 

Minnesota liked having Deslauriers last season because it freed Foligno up to be more focused as a two way powerforward vs being a enforcer. Minnesota played very well as Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway line became a two way force down the stretch.

 

I'm sure that will be more the same here too.

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mll said:

At what price though.  He has 2 pts in 16 games and a 5.3M cap hit.  

Hard to say, but Florida hasn't exactly been shy about moving out picks

 

If the idea is to compete now and they think Duclair helps them do that I just don't see them moving him, although maybe they do and recoup something who knows

 

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/panthers

Edited by Coconuts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hard to say, but Florida hasn't exactly been shy about moving out picks

 

If the idea is to compete now and they think Duclair helps them do that I just don't see them moving him, although maybe they do and recoup something who knows

 

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/panthers

Not the same situation this season.

 

At the last TDL they were at the top of the East with only Colorado ahead of them in point percentage - Florida ended up winning the President's Trophy.  They had players like Marchment, Verhaeghe on bargain deals - 1M and less.  It was their time to go for it before running into cap issues.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, mll said:

Not the same situation this season.

 

At the last TDL they were at the top of the East with only Colorado ahead of them in point percentage - Florida ended up winning the President's Trophy.  They had players like Marchment, Verhaeghe on bargain deals - 1M and less.  It was their time to go for it before running into cap issues.  

 

Sure, but if they they've got Duclair signed at 3M for this season and next, if they feel he can get anywhere closer to 30 goals or that he makes them better now than trading him would that's a decision they'll have to to ponder. 

 

They just paid for Tkachuk, that strikes me as them wanting to compete. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Minnesota going to bully the West around.

 

Minnesota liked having Deslauriers last season because it freed Foligno up to be more focused as a two way powerforward vs being a enforcer. Minnesota played very well as Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway line became a two way force down the stretch.

 

I'm sure that will be more the same here too.

 

The GREEF line didn't get to play much together after they acquired Deslauriers due to injuries to Foligno and Greenway.  It was a bit of a struggle as that line doesn't work when any of the 3 is missing from it.  

 

The GREEF line was important to their success but having 2 scoring lines was just as important and is more what made the difference down the stretch.

 

Boldy got recalled in January and clicked immediately with Fiala.  It gave the Wild a legit 2nd scoring line.  When their 1st line wasn't going, that line could take over and did.  Fiala actually outproduced Kaprizov at EV from January onwards with Kaprizov doing better on the PP - Fiala was 5th in the league from January onwards and 10th on the season at EV.  Different matchups but still they had 2 productive top lines and don't have that this season.  

 

Their PP is better than last season but their EV play has dropped off considerably - they are currently 30th at 5v5 after finishing 3rd last season.  Foligno's observation is spot on:  "We’ve got to understand that we’re a team right now that’s a lot different than last year. … We don’t have the firepower that we thought we did."  

 

Sounds like they hope that Reaves will help them bring back some swagger and energy that they seem to be missing but not sure that will be sufficient to help their scoring woes.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sure, but if they they've got Duclair signed at 3M for this season and next, if they feel he can get anywhere closer to 30 goals or that he makes them better now than trading him would that's a decision they'll have to to ponder. 

 

They just paid for Tkachuk, that strikes me as them wanting to compete. 

They paid for 8 years of Tkachuk - not just a 1 and done season.  They have to be able to continue to inject players on cheaper deals into their lineup or they'll have trouble competing throughout the length of his contract. 

 

Duclair at 3M is a good deal though so maybe they do pay the price to move that Hornqvist contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...