Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Dries!

Forgot Demko had the belt.

Awkward…

Just kidding, he seems to be in good spirits despite his struggles this season. We all know Demko is capable of getting on a heater. Right now it’s Martins turn to run with it though.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Forgot Demko had the belt.

Awkward…

Just kidding, he seems to be in good spirits despite his struggles this season. We all know Demko is capable of getting on a heater. Right now it’s Martins turn to run with it though.

Run whoever wins games. Whatever it takes. Demko will be back 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Say what you want about managements lack of big moves but the acquisitions they’ve made give me more confidence than what Benning did.

Bear, Lazar, Joshua, Aman, Kuzmenko, and Mikayev are a better supporting cast than Benning ever added.

In the grand scheme of things I can see the logic behind Management's direction this year. This forward group - including the new additions- plus last year's goaltending should be able to bail out the defensive deficiencies on most nights.  They probably thought they can be patient with any big moves and build on last year.

Unfortunately Demko has caved in since game one, that has rattled the team's confidence imho.  Even a scrambly out of position Martin is good enough to make it all work more often than not.

They still have lots of work to do to fix the holes, but it really bugs me that they might have to give up Bo to fix the team.  If I could only keep 2 guys on this team it would be EP and Bo but their hand will probably be forced here.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yay to a 7-10-3 record. They played hard to be honest but we all know where this is headed, that yucky middle ground no one wants to be in. Aren't bad enough to lose, aren't great enough to win. 

This team deserves a much better record, goaltending has been the main reason we've blown multiple goal leads 7 times. The team aside from 4 games has put themselves in a position where teams win over 97% of the time, I can't imagine how gutting that must feel. This was done when the team was missing several key players only to watch it evaporate. People can deflect away from Demko but the analytics for me match the eye test. In the 2010s we won 182 straight games while leading after 2. If we're being honest Demko has been brutal going back to the last 10 games from last year and it's baffling.

That Vegas game gutted me, up 4-2 and Demko straight up choked and until this year I have never seen him visibly look rattled or show frustration. For whatever reason he's lost it between the ears and the type of goals he's allowing like the ones where he's not even able to cover up the puck, it's like I said baffling. And as far as high danger chances, he's at the bottom of the league. I think he's too good to think this will last but right now he's cost us 6 wins and our sh*t management blames Bruce (obvious agenda at this point) or the D gets blamed but when a goalie looks behind even on the simplest of saves that's not a good sign, he's got the yips. Ride Spence and let Demko figure out the mental aspect with Ian because right now he's not playing at an NHL level save one game against the kings.

If we had league average goaltending we have at least 12 wins and the focus is on how good guys like Quinn, Petey, Kuzmenko Horvat, Schenn JT etc have been.

Doom and gloom aside great win and only  5 points out of the playoffs with the easiest part of our schedule travel wise coming up.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What are we with Burroughs?

What about Burroughs and Dries?

Amazing how playing guys who know their role and buy in give you a better chance to win than playing guys because of their salary…

Burroughs was in for the first games with our depleted d core so it's not as great a record but we've won 4 out our last 5 games with him in the lineup (boston only loss).

2 out of with stillman (includes anaheim defence night off game and road weary la kings) 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
  • Thanks 1

20222023-20317-cfdiff-ev.png

20222023-20317-ev.png

We did a bit better than the Vegas game in limited scoring chances against and generating more scoring chances for. More work needs to be done though. 

In all situations

Scoring Chances(All situations) - Canucks 19 / Avs 29

High Danger Scoring Chances(All situations) - Canucks 10 / Avs 10 (Good improvement)

High Danger shots(All situations) - Canucks 9(scored on 3) / Avs 8(scored on 2)

Overall better but could be better.