The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Crimson-JH said:

Look like an Avs fan was following up on the tossing stuff on the ice? E8B4CCD2-24A3-4C07-9CC0-F57E91EFDCC6.thumb.jpeg.9af91cfe32eb6a2cbc36cafb4b244f94.jpeg

Check this out, it was so bad. I never seen anything like this to force the team to take cover in their locker room during the middle of the game. 

2nd video have a full footage of the incident 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-dodge-raining-beer-cans-late-comeback-to-halt-devils-win-streak?fbclid=IwAR1CBdwEPTDi0BiGWcoJiyVak5quY57-fjdSMIl7-XQEJEfXZrxZ_OuBYpU&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Just now, awalk said:

That was a tough win. Wild to see how the avs forwards can just blast past defense. 

They held on though. Well done.

That's a game where I would have Huggy on the 4th line as pp quarterback special teams. And Brisebois back there instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Burroughs 35 hits in 11g

22 blocks in 11g

Stillman.   16 hits in 10g 

9 blocks in 10g

We are better defensivly wirh Burrz.

No doubt about it.

the worst defensive metrics must be every pairing that has had stillman on it no matter the partner.

• Cheers 2

Aside from being able to withstand the a-hole who stole our outgoing mail and has fraudulently passed two checks against our (now closed) account, I'm thankful our boys could pull this one out tonight, taking on the Champs, and some awful-at-times officiating.

I needed a win this week.  Thanks Canucks!

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

When the Avalanche tied it up 1-1 I actually felt good about that vs the Canucks getting the next goal and going up 2-0.  It may have gone straight to their heads and not in a good way.  That they had to scratch and claw their way back was just what the doctor ordered. And against the Stanley Cup champs no less.

I thought they outplayed Vegas as well, for most of the night, and deserved the win there too. 

I would have been all on board for a serious rebuild at multiple times in the last 8 years right up to when JR took the helm. But its too late now.  We are past critical mass and are top heavy with offensive talent. With our best players in their prime years. And a tight cap and a very long ways to go on the farm if we chose that now.  We may have to shed Bo, or Miller, or another top six player and find a taker for Myers, and throw in a little luck JR and Alvin can shore up our defense. But no hurry.  If Demko can regain his form, I think we could get on a St. Louis '19 type run and get to the post season.  The alternative is now so daunting, that the balance has tipped and its now worth the gamble to stay the course, at least until the TD

• Cheers 1

Well Miracles do happen.....seriously Martin was the hero here....his play and the hockey gods made this win possible....but full credit to them for not giving up and fighting till end ...especially after what happened with their melt down with Vegas....Truly hope this gives them positive energy going forward as they strive to hit .500 hockey.....

• Cheers 1

Don't look now but since the Boston embarrassment, we've beaten Buffalo, LA, almost got Vegas and beat Colorado. Some close wins and losses there but shows the league we may be turning a corner...

7-5-1 in our last few...

With Edmonton and Calgary basically hovering around .500 and Seattle surely not going to keep this up, you never know...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We were 0-5 on the pp

They had 2 more pp minutes but benefitedftom a gift 5-3.

More 5-5 play we would have had more hits and blocks.

Only 12 hits and 17 blocks.

We could have played a stronger without so many pp's.

Hee hee so many pp's 

• Haha 2