The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just wanna say our record this season has been awesome with Dries than not. I don't know if that's a pure coincidence but you can see his productivity so far!! He seems like a great fit!! We gotta find a way to keep him on roster!! Another great example is AJ Greer wth Boston who never got to stick in the NHL but now making a nice comeback.

I'd rather see Hoglander sent down and give him time to rediscover his offensive touch.

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  The reason we have such a bad record is all on Demko.  He's our (by far) most important player.  He must play well for us to move up in the standings.  

Interesting how badly the Soilers are doing badly too.  Bad goaltending is a killer. 

One thing consistent with teams with bad goaltending trash defence 

44 minutes ago, BPA said:

The interference penalty is on YouTube.

I think the Refs got the call right.  Makar was still skating (moving)…so it wasn’t “his space”.

Yeah, he’s head up watching the play and even changes directions before throwing the pick. It might be a soft call, and maybe it’s even unintentional on Makar’s part (although I sort of doubt that), but the effect was a Canuck defending player knocked to the ice, and taken out of the play, and the Avs able to enter the zone uncontested. Easy to see why the refs would blow that down.

Makar sounds all sweet and innocent, but it’s pretty telling IMO that he also admits that he’s been whistled for the same play 2-3 times this young season as well as a couple more times during the last playoffs. Pretty clear the refs are aware of something he’s doing and looking out for it. And most likely he knows exactly why (dispute his protestations).

I remember the twins used to throw so many sneaky picks and then act all innocent whenever they got caught and sent to the box. The Sedins were very smart players and so is Makar. And smart players tend to get away with a lot of interference and also will usually feign confusion and surprise on the rare times that they do get caught.

• There it is 1

Apparently, Thatcher Demko was sick in the game against the Golden Knights.

Boudreau said it’s a great dilemma to have. Thatcher Demko was excellent last Friday but then turned out to be under the weather vs. Vegas on Monday, though he didn’t tell anyone he wasn’t feeling well until after the game, Boudreau said.

“Demko was pretty sick the other night, but we didn’t know that (till after the game),” Boudreau said. 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/4-colorado-avalanche-3-vancouver-battles-hard

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yay to a 7-10-3 record. They played hard to be honest but we all know where this is headed, that yucky middle ground no one wants to be in. Aren't bad enough to lose, aren't great enough to win. 

Too much Tiny Drancer for you :) at least delay the Drancer talk for a day or two. ;)

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1