The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, vancan2233 said:

It's funny to think how many posters here were upset we traded a 5th round pick for him. This could be one of the best low key trades the Canucks had made in a long time. Hope these posters feel foolish for their cluelessness. It really did not take much hockey knowledge to know this before Bear even played one game for the canucks:picard: 

I think people were still feeling the sting from the Dickinson for Stillman trade, which involved a much higher pick for a much lower quality defenseman. Bear is so much better than Stillman in literally every way.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think people were still feeling the sting from the Dickinson for Stillman trade, which involved a much higher pick for a much lower quality defenseman. Bear is so much better than Stillman in literally every way.

Well, that's on them too, because they still do not understand the Stillman trade.

Its ok; we have professionals running the team; not CDCers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

OK, I will be fair to you.

This is circular thinking, which is a logical fallicy.

your taking the canucks record with dries in the lineup and using that trying to confirm they are a good player. But as we know hockey is a team sport. and we also know if BB thought he was such a good player he would be playing more than 4th line minutes.

He has offensive talent, but he lacks  in many area's. we are strife with offensive talent though and i would much rather have studnicka or pearson in the lineup. Dries isn't going to be taking many PK shifts for us.

:lol: He brings offense to the bottom 6, and plays well away from the puck. He may not be a bruiser, but he back checks and is in position defensively. I too at first was upset about him in the line-up. I then said to myself pay attention to what he does, and guess what he is helping the team. Watch the kid without blinders on, because you have it in the back of your mind he only an  Ahler. He does good things on the ice.  

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

OK, I will be fair to you.

This is circular thinking, which is a logical fallicy.

your taking the canucks record with dries in the lineup and using that trying to confirm they are a good player. But as we know hockey is a team sport. and we also know if BB thought he was such a good player he would be playing more than 4th line minutes.

He has offensive talent, but he lacks  in many area's. we are strife with offensive talent though and i would much rather have studnicka or pearson in the lineup. Dries isn't going to be taking many PK shifts for us.

OK... let's just strictly look at individual production, Dries vs Hoglander.... who's helping us more now so far this season?? 

I don't mean Dries is going to be our long term solution at 3C but I would much rather have him help the team on 3rd or 4th line than have Hoglander not doing anything

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Dickinson had to go to facilitate the bear acquisition  cap reasons. Plus bear is cooler than Dickinson :P

Yeah, it’s not so bad overall if you look at those two trades taken together as a single transaction:

Dickinson + 2nd + 5th for Bear (400K AAV retained) + Stillman + Pederson

There’s also an element of “having to lose to win.” Sometimes you need to be willing to lose a trade or two as part of the overall transactional process designed to improve a roster. This is especially true when a team is under cap pressure and needs to dump salary. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, it’s not so bad overall if you look at those two trades taken together as a single transaction:

Dickinson + 2nd + 5th for Bear (400K AAV retained) + Stillman + Pederson

There’s also an element of “having to lose to win.” Sometimes you need to be willing to lose a trade or two as part of the overall transactional process designed to improve a roster. This is especially true when a team is under cap pressure and needs to dump salary. 

For sure. Now to find a way to offload Stillman onto another team.

angry season 3 GIF

• There it is 1

8 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

OK... let's just strictly look at individual production, Dries vs Hoglander.... who's helping us more now so far this season?? 

I don't mean Dries is going to be our long term solution at 3C but I would much rather have him help the team on 3rd or 4th line than have Hoglander not doing anything

hoglander has not played great since BB took over and almost immediately their minutes were dropped from about 15 a game to about 10-11. it seems hoglander is in the doghouse.

another fact is that even though hoglander has been in the doghouse the entirety of the time BB has been here. Dries still has played less games and averages less minutes when he plays too.

Maybe Dries takes over from hoglander, but im guessing BB is just sitting him in the corner to think about what he has done.

• Like 1