The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

What a game. Some good, some bad but great road win.

Miller and Bo were great tonight alongside Hoglander, we don't have many true playmakers but Hogs looks good on that line and they're a heavy duo to play against, controlled the puck a lot of the time in the offensive zone.

Petey had a bad game, really fought the puck at the end of the game, terrible penalty to take and some stumbles and misses everywhere but his linemates were still good.

Dries has a monster game and surely isn't coming out of the lineup any time soon now. The rest of our bottom 6 were solid, nothing flashy.

On D no surprises - Hughes looked good and skated well, I thought OEL was strong making some crisp passes, Bear is our #1 RD and it's not even close, Myers was a turnover machine (had one shift he just had to get the puck up ice with zero pressure and turned it over 4 times I think), Schenn was brilliant clearing out his crease in the final few minutes and Burroughs looks exactly like Schenn out there. Absolutely no need to bring Stillman in.

Massive game by Martin who continues his great streak. 

To be fair we got lucky with that final interference call to end the game because who knows how we defend a lead against the Avs with a minute left so were gifted the win tonight. 

Agree 100% except for Hughes; he struggled all night. He’s just not right.

Thos was by far their best overall effort of the season, and actually resembled playing team d against a VERY good opponent. Keep the lineup the same BB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

It didn’t look like a “we stole one” win, either.

Sure the defending champs looked super dangerous at times, as they are wont to do… but that was just a good game. 

Martin is better than Demko this year at closing out and winning games . Period. 5 -1 -1 vs 2 -9 -2.

Play Martin sit Demko.

• Cheers 2

I know we’ve still got a long ways to go to get back into it but I gotta admit that one felt really good.

I don’t know if it was because we overcame more brutal reffing, if it was silencing their cocky fans that were doing the wave as if the victory was in hand, or whether it was just finally being able to close one out.

This team is entertaining its hard to deny. They’re scoring like the days of the west coast express. I would argue they could have won almost every game they’ve played. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great game.... Could have gone either way....

Man are these Avs are fast and McKinnon and Maker are in a class of their own, yet...

here we are with a magic Nut win...

Keep Burroughs in the line up ffs and enough with the experiments... he is a solid 3rd pairing d, who actually defends and stand his ground. Doesn't try to to outsmart or out play anyone, just solid d play... more of that please...

Odd day for the refs and Toronto too... 

Petey is a star and Bo is gonna cost mega bucks... wonder how the biggest front office in the NHL feels now about the idea of low balling Bo?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Did not see that coming. Happy that the guys were able to play a complete 60 minutes. The Scotch was very good and the game was very good.

All in all, no complaints here.

So when do we get a Scotch emoji. We all talk about it enough, lol

Edit: I know Wisers isn’t Scotch, but still appropriate here. Or maybe that’s the Irish Whiskey (Red Breast) talking?

886F2259-552A-4F0B-8FD0-B403CE198469.jpeg

Edited by arsenalian
  • Cheers 2