The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Maple Leafs dodge raining beer cans, late comeback to halt Devils' win streak

Rate this topic

Crimson-JH

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-dodge-raining-beer-cans-late-comeback-to-halt-devils-win-streak?fbclid=IwAR1CBdwEPTDi0BiGWcoJiyVak5quY57-fjdSMIl7-XQEJEfXZrxZ_OuBYpU&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Full footage of the incident is on the 2nd video.

Look like Canucks vs Avs were not the only teams with bad calls and opponents fans pelting stuff at the players. 

I never seen this bad with raining can of beer all over the ice and aiming at players, other than awarding hattrick or plastic rats traditions. 

Pretty classless act, must be hard to find and reprimand so many of the guilty people. In some other sports like soccer I think they penalise the team, you've got to think this comes close. A 1 point penalty on the team in the standings would really stop all this nonsense quite quickly.

We're really gonna call Devils fans classless for that?

Let's be brutally honest here.  We'd all be doing the same.  Remember Burrows v Auger and the comments made?

If we were in the midst of a team record 14+ game win streak and had 3 consecutive goals called off (2 of which were suspect as hell calls) we'd be losing our gd minds

Definitely a low point for optics but would we really be better?

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

We're really gonna call Devils fans classless for that?

Let's be brutally honest here.  We'd all be doing the same.  Remember Burrows v Auger and the comments made?

If we were in the midst of a team record 14+ game win streak and had 3 consecutive goals called off (2 of which were suspect as hell calls) we'd be losing our gd minds

Definitely a low point for optics but would we really be better?

Even more reason for Devils fans to maybe show a little more class, they have won 13 straight games. They are poor winners and poor losers. Been on an insane streak and its clearly a winning atmosphere and when some calls dont go their way they throw sh*t at players. Thats a bloody joke and a good one, fvck the leafs.

57 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Not to mention someone from that game managed to make it all the way to Denver just to throw a bag of candy at EP as well! Truly impressive 

That person may have saw the incident and decided to follow up on the idea to throw the candy 

14 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Fake news. Only Canucks fans could possibly do something so heinous. This is clearly a deepfaked video and all the commentary on it is part of a wider conspiracy. 

Vancouver bad.

Edler just got suspended 4 games for it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’ve never burnt shit so I can talk all I want. 

I was there...didn't burn shit either. Did punch a Bruins fan friend for taking things too far. He got absolutely shit kicked later by some people. He asked for it honestly. 

Missed the game last night but sounds like bad reffing there too? So surprised...

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

I was there...didn't burn shit either. Did punch a Bruins fan friend for taking things too far. He got absolutely shit kicked later by some people. He asked for it honestly. 

Missed the game last night but sounds like bad reffing there too? So surprised...

The NHL really needs to start taking the officiating problem seriously before a judge takes care of it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Leaf only win with Refs help. 

Devils were the better team the refs was looking right at murry when he deliberately pushed the net off and didn’t call it. 
3 goals called back also a joke. 
It was a pretty brutal to watch njd fans did the right thing. 
game was fully rigged but hey when your major sponsors are gambling sites what else would you expect. 

Watched the SJS game against the Quiefs to same thing leaf’s handed the game by the officials.