The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hey bud try to sell your car with this opening. 

lemme sell you this car.  It has issues.  Doesn't drive well, no real fuel economy.  Super expensive to maintain and seems gutless on the road.

But dude, it's TOTALLY worth value.

Lemme know how that sales pitch goes for ya

Well doing absolutely fk all has worked so well so far right? 

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

I'll take capdumps who expire this year back. I just want the capspace back and weaponize it to gain assets faster.

Too bad I have zero confidence we care even the slightest about the future lol

Unfortunately the only thing this team is trying to weaponize is a couple games of first round playoff revenue. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Severson will also be 29 before next season even begins, he's a "win now" sort of acquisition, which wouldn't surprise me at this point. I think it'd be a mistake though, we should be looking to get younger on D, not sign a veteran to what would likely have to be a lengthy deal to reel him in. 

I don’t think this team is as far away as some but the current pieces aren’t going to get it done either. 

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Severson will also be 29 before next season even begins, he's a "win now" sort of acquisition, which wouldn't surprise me at this point. I think it'd be a mistake though, we should be looking to get younger on D, not sign a veteran to what would likely have to be a lengthy deal to reel him in. 

I'd do that then flip severson at the TDL

If it’s his agent reaching out maybe he can discuss Brock’s interest signing an extension around 5 mil. 

Could be a steal for a 2nd line winger / PP guy who puts up around a PPG. 

He’s 25, scored at a 65 point pace over his career and in the past was deemed responsible enough to be on the first line.  

There’s bound to be a market for him, especially with the cap going up. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I dunno about Kuzmenko, if he's asking for a monster contract based on one NHL season I'd flip him. Any contender could easily fit him and we'd get a haul.

I'm not keen on committing big term to a guy with one NHL season to his name. 

Then complain this team has no foresight when he becomes a great player for that team lol

• Cheers 3

This feels like the most obvious move that we've all been hoping in order to keep Bo and possibly improve the D or the draft day......so happy that there's actually some legitimate rumours to this.  Yes Brock's value is low right now but it's still a necessary move at this point. Too bad.....Brock is likeable, but wished Brock would have been better but his cool as a cucumber demeanour is different than the high octane game I'd like to see.

Given that he's a healthy scratch tonight, could there be something in the works???

Reminds of when JB sent out notice to teams in the league regarding players that were available for trade and it got zero interest. And it seems they didn't get the interest they were hoping to get for Miller, so re-signed him, not sure about Bo, and seems to have gone nowhere with Brock. I'm assuming this type of move means they already tried to move Brock. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t think this team is as far away as some but the current pieces aren’t going to get it done either. 

We probably disagree on the trajectory of this group, I don't see us being close so I don't see Severson as a good longer term fit. 

And perhaps not, but I'm not interested in going out and trying to compete with all the other teams trying to fill their RD gap via UFA, if Severson walks from Jersey he will not come cheap and will command term. 

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'd do that then flip severson at the TDL

I don't think the Devils would, they have a lot of pending UFA's and RFA's. They seem to be doing fine as far as scoring goes on the RW and they'll be getting Palat back at some point too. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/devils