The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, Tank4Bedard said:

I'll cheer for L's for more future dub's. Bedard is game changing. I know we prob won't get him, but getting one of Bedard, Michkov, Fantelli, Carlsson is hella nice. 

I wouldn’t have pegged you as someone who thinks we should tank for Bedard ;)

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tank4Bedard said:

Hes not quite a bust yet but if we had 1 more L we couldve had Zegras instead of Pod. Oh wells 

Zegras!  :lol:  is he the most selfish softeroo player and n the league?  No team relying on that guy will even make the playoffs.  Zegras is a joke.  I’d rather have the pipsqueak Caufield.  Small, slow, and scared is better than .zegras.  I’m sure I could even beat up that piece punkeroo.  He’d likely pee himself and cry though.  Such a punkeroo.  

2 hours ago, Tank4Bedard said:

Y'all be cheering for useless wins blows my mind. Yes, I know we might not win the lottery, but we can potentially get a top 4 pick without winning the lottery. 

I have absolutely zero interest in supporting a team that intentionally loses games

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tank4Bedard said:

Y'all be cheering for useless wins blows my mind. Yes, I know we might not win the lottery, but we can potentially get a top 4 pick without winning the lottery. 

Hey you. People here like to follow their feelings over facts and stats. It's all about feel good moments with the so called "fans" here. Logic and sound arguments have no place here sir. I must ask you to leave at once.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, swimsWithDucks said:

Hey you. People here like to follow their feelings over facts and stats. It's all about feel good moments with the so called "fans" here. Logic and sound arguments have no place here sir. I must ask you to leave at once.

Fandom isn’t exactly a rational endeavour!

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I have absolutely zero interest in supporting a team that intentionally loses games

The players themselves won't go out and try to lose but management can dismantle this team enough to pick high. Teams sell every year, if we're out of it we should be sellers too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

24 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Well they are unintentionally losing games, if it makes you feel better. Doing almost equivalent to teams trying to tank.

• There it is 1

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zegras!  :lol:  is he the most selfish softeroo player and n the league?  No team relying on that guy will even make the playoffs.  Zegras is a joke.  I’d rather have the pipsqueak Caufield.  Small, slow, and scared is better than .zegras.  I’m sure I could even beat up that piece punkeroo.  He’d likely pee himself and cry though.  Such a punkeroo.  

I wish Zegras fell one more spot.

Pettersson - Zegras. Two talented skill guys would probably dominate other teams

I'd rather be a seller than continue our historical tendency of holding on to players too long, or letting them walk for nothing. There's turnover with every team in the league every single season, getting so attached to your players that you're unwilling to move them is a sentimental luxury hockey management cannot afford. That's something fans can do.

We can go around in circles as to what would improve this team but in the end other teams are going to be asking about the players that fans likely don't want to move. They won't be lining up to ask about Pearson, Myers, and so on, they'll be asking about guys like Horvat, Demko, Miller, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Pettersson, Podz, and Hughes. Or maybe they'll poke at Boeser or Garland and try to buy low. 

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, Coconuts said:

The players themselves won't go out and try to lose but management can dismantle this team enough to pick high. Teams sell every year, if we're out of it we should be sellers too. 

We are not gonna be out.

Here is my prediction on what's going to happen at season's end.

• Canucks misses the playoffs and are 3-5 points away from the last wild card spot.

• JR and Alvin declares that we have a good team bc we were only 3-5 points away from playoffs (LOL)

• Bo Horvat walks for free and signs with another team b/c of our desperate attempt to chase the playoffs

• Due to losing Bo, we sign Kuzmenko to a 5x6 million dollar contract. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Bedard said:

I'll cheer for L's for more future dub's. Bedard is game changing. I know we prob won't get him, but getting one of Bedard, Michkov, Fantelli, Carlsson is hella nice. 

We will get him, once Rutherford realizes the only reason he won cups in Pittsburg was because of his two 1st overalls and two 2nd overalls.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, swimsWithDucks said:

We are not gonna be out.

• Canucks misses the playoffs and are 3-5 points away from the last wild card spot.

• JR and Alvin declares that we have a good team bc we were only 3-5 points away from playoffs (LOL)

• Bo Horvat walks for free and signs with another team b/c of our desperate attempt to chase the playoffs

Ehhh, it'd be very Canucks but I don't think they'll go beyond the deadline with Bo unsigned. I think he'll be moved in January or February, possibly even next month but I'd be surprised. 

Management can't afford to lose him for nothing, it'd be devastating to our future ability to compete and to our ability to build. I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick 9-15 though, I'm sure some folks would much rather end up in no man's land. 

I'd personally flip Kuzmenko to a contender if we're out of it. We'd get a huge haul for him, any team could fit his cap hit in pretty easily. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, swimsWithDucks said:

We are not gonna be out.

Listening to Kuz’s agent he is getting absolutely paid or going to a winning team. Could be our second best trading chip.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Listening to Kuz’s agent he is getting absolutely paid or going to a winning team. Could be our second best trading chip.

He'll be 27 in February, he's riding shotgun with likely the most talented center he's ever played with and piling up points, if things continue as they have this season will result in what'll likely be Kuzmenko's greatest single opportunity to cash in on a big money/longer-term contract. I wouldn't expect any discount. 

I've seen some folks argue the opposite but I'm not comfortable throwing huge money and term at a guy with one NHL season to his name.