The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

When you have guys like Crosby, Malkin and Fleury it makes life way easier building a team. Penguins had the luxury of building with 2 first overalls and 2 second overalls. One of them being a generational leader and player. Life is very easy when your starting point is that

JR even said it's hard to win without a 1st overall pick and superstar. It makes me wonder then, why JR/PA wouldn't want to try and get a possible generational player in the 2023 Draft. Even if it's not Bedard, there are several very good players that will be available, that could help the Canucks for years in the future.

Canucks aren't in a playoff spot, haven't been for years. Heed the signs JR, this team is broken and this isn't the year. Focus on rebuilding that prospect pool. Sucks having a crappy team every year.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Kessel, Hornqvist, Kunitz, Bonino, Perron, Dumoulin, Schultz, Rust, Daley

People forget Matt Murray was a big reason they won the second cup, he was drafted 83rd overall

Yup, and Bonino was the guy he stole from us, and we gave up a second on top of the deal!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup, and Bonino was the guy he stole from us, and we gave up a second on top of the deal!  

Most players are going to look good playing alongside and behind Crosby and Malkin.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1

this organization is a mess,

Miller, Bopeser, Garland, Myers, Pearson, and ideally OEL need to go,

Podkolzin who should be in top 6 by now did not develop this year - he is in the Ahl and not playing in all situations... he should be developed as a PK guy - hell we need them, and a PP guy and a shutdown player WTF Colliton and organization...

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

I have no issues with a hockey trade if it's the right players, especially with Boeser, who should be able to get a #4-5 dman or 3C

I'm with you on a 3C but I think any dman has to be a guy with the future in mind. We got a plethora of #5 d already. I guess this also hinges on what they do with Schenn. He's ufa this year too. Ultimately we have make a play for top 4/top 2 RD, hopefully someone to play with Hughes moving forward. 

It's so depressing lol. 

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

This thread is making me

Emotion Reaction GIF

You are a Canuck fan

what ever doesn't kill you 

makes you stronger

or is it wronger

or is it wait longer

here is something to help you out

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Guess thats me you are referring to, but if Bo continues in this vein of form he will have scored double of the second best season, he has ever had. 
Now call me cynical, but I don't for a second believe, he isn't aware, what is at stake here. 

Good for him, wish Bo and the team nothing but the best, but its a common denominator for a lot of players, that they play the best of their life, leading up to a new contract. 

Management blew it, when they chose between Bo and Miller. Bo's play has put him at a level, they may not be able to afford...

Time will tell, but Bo, Kuz, QH and EP are the players that can bring something potentially franchise changing back, be it players, prospects or picks. 

Its up to JR/PA to figure out, how we get better as a team... 

If BO had re-signed in the summer would he be putting up these kind of numbers?  

Call me sceptical but most players don’t go from 30 goals to 60 goals at age 27-28. Everyone was fearful of giving Miller a retirement contract after a career year. It’s the same with BO. Don’t think I’d want to be paying him upwards of $9 million for the next 8 years. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If BO had re-signed in the summer would he be putting up these kind of numbers?  

Call me sceptical but most players don’t go from 30 goals to 60 goals at age 27-28. Everyone was fearful of giving Miller a retirement contract after a career year. It’s the same with BO. Don’t think I’d want to be paying him upwards of $9 million for the next 8 years. 

Hammer meets nail... exactly my point. 

I doesn't mean its not possible, but we could have another Miller situation. 

Are we willing to put all our eggs in a basket, that hasn't been able to even squeeze into the play offs? 

Bo is going to cost $....

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2022 at 11:30 AM, Moe Knows said:

..so trade the guy with 19 goals on pace for over 60 and find someone to take on the scoring...:lol: :frantic:

No, we need a superior scorer and a driver of a line at least at Petey's level or better.

Sedins were elite first line scorers, consistently putting up a point a game.

Kesler took on the tough match ups as he was an elite two way player.

Look at New Jersey. Hischier has turned into an elite two way center. They got Jack Hughes leading the scoring line.

It looks like Petey is our two way center and if not, he will grow into that role shortly. Now, we need a guy to lead the scoring. If you are suggesting Boeser is that guy to lead the scoring line ahead of Petey, I have to call you out but you are out of your f*cking mind.

I was hoping Bo and Miller could handle that part but no, they can't. They aren't consistent enough at 5-on-5 and not dominating puck possession enough, i.e., defensive at or below par.

6 minutes ago, jyu said:

No, we need a superior scorer and a driver of a line at least at Petey's level or better.

Sedins were elite first line scorers, consistently putting up a point a game.

Kesler took on the tough match ups as he was an elite two way player.

Look at New Jersey. Hischier has turned into an elite two way center. They got Jack Hughes leading the scoring line.

It looks like Petey is our two way center and if not, he will grow into that role shortly. Now, we need a guy to lead the scoring. If you are suggesting Boeser is that guy to lead the scoring line ahead of Petey, I have to call you out but you are out of your f*cking mind.

I was hoping Bo and Miller could handle that part but no, they can't. They aren't consistent enough at 5-on-5 and not dominating puck possession enough, i.e., defensive at or below par.

did I say anything about Boeser jeez NO!!!