Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On Canucks Lines....

Rate this topic


alloy
 Share

Recommended Posts

In my opinion,

 

Boeser should now be on the top line with Petterson and either kuzmenko or mikaev.

 

Horvat-miller-hoglander could prove potent once again if given the time.

 

Garland needs more shifts 5x5 . he was massive last season at evn strength.

 

Hughes been droppin dimes game in and game out. get that high wrister back in your repitroire.

 

crossbar shots only! d:

 

merry christmas and happy new years.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, ive always been a fan of Boeser. he came up with Petterson so they should know each other a lil better then just plugging in a or b or c in. hes got that shot, and an unnderated pass from the bumper line. Many nights in a fair share of seasons the 6 4 9 line was the backbone with horvat chipping in now and then. all our players have grown and should be making themselves a challenge to play against. as was seen today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't fix what's not broken, and Petey's current line with the Russians is amongst the league leaders for productive lines.  Their speed as a unit is a reason for their success.

I think they should pad his stats though, put him on Miller and Horvat's wing and help him rack up primary and secondary assists (Bo's been on his tear, after all), and hopefully Miller can set him up for some shots like the overtime breakaway from Kuzmenko yesterday.  The fact that the three of them are all heavy players would also make for a difficult line to play against (just like it was when it was him, JT and Pearson).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2022 at 1:59 PM, Phil_314 said:

Petey's current line with the Russians is amongst the league leaders for productive lines.  

 

* true enough


 put him on Miller and Horvat's wing 

*good point

 

and good points to follow on ice, hopefully.

 

I like the bible quotes in your sig.

 

Jesus is the reason for the holiday season.

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, alloy said:

*good point

 

and good points to follow on ice, hopefully.

 

I like the bible quotes in your sig.

 

Jesus is the reason for the holiday season.

 

Wonder if Brock proves us wrong tonight and lights up the Habs (I hope not, Montembeault is in my hockey pool team...)
In any case, cheers for the appreciation @alloy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2022 at 4:36 AM, alloy said:

Well, ive always been a fan of Boeser. he came up with Petterson so they should know each other a lil better then just plugging in a or b or c in. hes got that shot, and an unnderated pass from the bumper line. Many nights in a fair share of seasons the 6 4 9 line was the backbone with horvat chipping in now and then. all our players have grown and should be making themselves a challenge to play against. as was seen today.

The 6 4 9 line lost all its charm last season, it was horrible really.   A lot more goals against then goals for.   And that was both EPs and Brocks fault for yet again coming in not properly prepared. 

 

Im rooting for Brock still but want him traded.   There currently isn't a good fit for him on the team.   Garland doesn't have his shot but does other things that are useful, like draw penalties and get under other players skin.   Either Brock or Garland, but Brock if he stays - needs to score 30 goals at least if he's going to be a minus magnet or pull down a line. 

 

Currently both Ilya Mikheyev and Kuzmenko are outplaying him.    It does make some sense to put Ilya M on the third line for sure, because he's good on the other side of the puck.    Not that Brock can't be, i've seen him make some great plays to stop a scoring chance too, but his skating never improved.   Horvats skating was an issue, he worked on it and became the player he is today.     It's not the teams responsibility to boost his stats unless there is some sort of alignment with management and the coach.    Sucks for us because i don't see Brock scoring 20 goals on the third line and 20 seconds per second unit power play.    IF we are going to trade him, then yes put him on EPs like, boost his value.    Don't mind that Bruce scratched him.   Took it very hard.   These guys are paid enough to be big boys.     Other guys want their turn too. 

 

Edit:  Consider Miller for a minute.   This guy never was gifted first line minutes or much top six either.    But like Horvat, got his 50 points regularly, and like Brock had an RFA deal but with one more UFA season included.   His cap percentage was also lower, although he did sign it in Tampa Bay so it would be like Brock signing for 6 instead.    He played 3rd line C, and got PP time as well.   What did he do once he got first line minutes?   He managed 50ish points playing 14-15 minutes, so it shouldn't be a big surprise that once he did get the chance, he managed 217 points in 202 games coming into this season.   
 

Brock never got a PPG, but did score at a 40 goal pace as a rookie. Then demanded the big bucks.   And aside from one year, didn't earn it.   Miller earned every single cent.   And deserved his legacy deal.    Brock isn't a good bottom six player...yes he can be a good NHLer we've seen that.    But he's no longer a good fit for us.   And truly needs a change of scenery.  

Edited by IBatch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shift Petey with Boeser and a russian.

 

Shift Miller with Boeser and a russian.

 

shift Boeser with horvat and hoglander

 

Shift garland with boeser.

 

At this point, give Boeser the keys to the offence and the vip treatment.

 

Let both sides know what they would be missing.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, alloy said:

Shift Petey with Boeser and a russian.

 

Shift Miller with Boeser and a russian.

 

shift Boeser with horvat and hoglander

 

Shift garland with boeser.

 

At this point, give Boeser the keys to the offence and the vip treatment.

 

Let both sides know what they would be missing.

 

 

 

 

Miller and Brock on a line is something I hope we don't ever see again. The two worst defensive forwards on a team should never be on the same line together. Brock needs someone like Petey on his line, as Petey pushes play and gives it his all, and Brock needs someone like that to also push him - Miller has the opposite effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boeser has been skating faster and increasing his effort since the news dropped about getting his agent involved in possible trades. I’m happy to see him get top 6 deployment so he can regain his form, or find new ways to score (he mentioned working on tips). Let’s help him get on pace for his 30, then revisit possible trades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, alloy said:

miler-petterson-boeser

mikaev-horvat-kuzmenko

 

my top six for vs'ing the Islanders on tuesday.

 

Do it up budreau. 

Have You watched this team the past 2 yrs?  Miller, petey, boeser have been a disaster anytime theyve been on the ice together.  That ship has sailed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sativika said:

Shoulda' tried harder to keep Toffoli. He was the game breaking winger we needed. But that's moot now...........aroo.

There was a reason Miller said “shocking reset” after Benning’s blunders after our bubble playoff success.  Tofu, Tanev, and Marky.  One core piece (Marky) and two exceptional supporting players (Tofu and Tanev) lost.  The core guys left here knew what the club had lost.  They were all upset, and Miller (being a leader) spoke up for the group.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There was a reason Miller said “shocking reset” after Benning’s blunders after our bubble playoff success.  Tofu, Tanev, and Marky.  One core piece (Marky) and two exceptional supporting players (Tofu and Tanev) lost.  The core guys left here knew what the club had lost.  They were all upset, and Miller (being a leader) spoke up for the group.  

Yea. I remember that. Maybe that was the catalyst that sparked or doomed, if you will, the locker room dynamics within. Hence, "Toxic Environment!"

  • There it is 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will repeat my Canucks top 6.

 

boeser-petterson-miller

mikaev-horvat-kuzmenko

 

That is a top 6 most teams would love having.

 

miller, 99pts at last season. time to play up to your fat new contract.

petterson and boeser are both steady contributors, with boeser skating better and winning 50/50 battles for pucks better than this time last year.

petterson of course is the team's superstar. your best players have to be your best players.

mikaev and kuzmenko have shown prowess as well. With horvat at c on this line faceoffs are better off. also not to mention horvat is on a blistering goal place.

 

trade u garland for toffoli?

 

roll this top 6.

 

hughes-meyers

schenn-ekman/larsson

 

top 4 defense pairings respectively.

 

again, your best players have to be your best players night in and night out.

 

see to it you use the tools you have. grind out games. do the little things like winning puck battles.

success will follow.

 

Thank you in advance.

 

+ alloy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, alloy said:

I will repeat my Canucks top 6.

 

boeser-petterson-miller

mikaev-horvat-kuzmenko

 

That is a top 6 most teams would love having.

 

miller, 99pts at last season. time to play up to your fat new contract.

petterson and boeser are both steady contributors, with boeser skating better and winning 50/50 battles for pucks better than this time last year.

petterson of course is the team's superstar. your best players have to be your best players.

mikaev and kuzmenko have shown prowess as well. With horvat at c on this line faceoffs are better off. also not to mention horvat is on a blistering goal place.

 

trade u garland for toffoli?

 

roll this top 6.

 

hughes-meyers

schenn-ekman/larsson

 

top 4 defense pairings respectively.

 

again, your best players have to be your best players night in and night out.

 

see to it you use the tools you have. grind out games. do the little things like winning puck battles.

success will follow.

 

Thank you in advance.

 

+ alloy

Boeser doesnt belong anywhere near the top line, and especially with petey.  and why would you break up kuz and petey?  You are clearly new to hockey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...