The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Brock Boeser Has Not Requested A Trade

Rate this topic

fivethej

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

The real question is why did we re-sign him only to sign more scoring wingers? Only answer that makes sense is "asset management" I suppose. I doubt management really had any plans of keeping him around. It makes us look really bad when we're trying to healthy scratch him before a very important personal night. Only for him to also score. Guy has 15 points in 19 games with 15 minutes a night, and we're trying to scratch him. Lol. I am really not sure why we're being this scummy towards a guy that is the epitome of class. But hey, just Canucks things.

This isnt kindergarten.  Boeser is 25 years old.  You dont play someone just to spare their feelings.   Hes -15 and anyone with half a brain can see he cant keep up with the pace.  This isnt a league where teams can just ice players who stand around waiting for the perfect opportunity to use their shot.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

7 hours ago, fivethej said:

Why was Boeser re-signed?

Simple.   Wasted asset to let walk.  It gives Brock three years to either get his game back on track with us, or somewhere else.   Goals are >>> than secondary assist.   > greater than primary ones.   After all it is the goal to score goals isn't it?    To me he's not any different than Rhino or Monahan.   No we won't get a kings ransom for him, if we could nobody would even want to see him traded.     Given the state of our D and glut of mid range middle top six guys .... he's the low hanging fruit to free up cap to do this...and well at this point , a second back seemingly would appease the masses right? 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

The real question is why did we re-sign him only to sign more scoring wingers? Only answer that makes sense is "asset management" I suppose. I doubt management really had any plans of keeping him around. It makes us look really bad when we're trying to healthy scratch him before a very important personal night. Only for him to also score. Guy has 15 points in 19 games with 15 minutes a night, and we're trying to scratch him. Lol. I am really not sure why we're being this scummy towards a guy that is the epitome of class. But hey, just Canucks things.

Kuzmenko.   Wasn't an absolute.   Still isn't. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Simple.   Wasted asset to let walk.  It gives Brock three years to either get his game back on track with us, or somewhere else.   Goals are >>> than secondary assist.   > greater than primary ones.   After all it is the goal to score goals isn't it?    To me he's not any different than Rhino or Monahan.   No we won't get a kings ransom for him, if we could nobody would even want to see him traded.     Given the state of our D and glut of mid range middle top six guys .... he's the low hanging fruit to free up cap to do this...and well at this point , a second back seemingly would appease the masses right? 

Ill take Reinhardt or Monahan over boeser anyday. 

9 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I could be wrong but my understanding was Boeser had a QO of 7.5M so management worked out a deal with him at 6.65 for 3 years to avoid having to either give him his QO or he becomes a UFA and they lose him for nothing.

You can take a horse to water ...

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

No ones taking brock over reinhart

You're missing the point.   Rhino was Buffalo's whipping boy.   But still got traded.   Guess what lol.. he's becoming Florida's whipping boy after a break out season now again too.   So it's not like nobody will trade for him.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I could be wrong but my understanding was Boeser had a QO of 7.5M so management worked out a deal with him at 6.65 for 3 years to avoid having to either give him his QO or he becomes a UFA and they lose him for nothing.

correct.

Now we will need to add to get rid of him

Canuck hockey 101

• There it is 1

I would not expect Brock to have requested a trade. That would be super surprising. As if he could possibly believe he deserves better than he has received here in Van. I'd be very happy if I were him. He got paid and as a result nobody else in the league seems to want him at that money either. If he wants to go anywhere he better put up points. 

• Vintage 1