The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Brock Boeser Has Not Requested A Trade

Rate this topic

fivethej

2 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

The problem is he's a very ineffective 30 goal scorer. When he's not scoring, he's honestly not doing anything else. Give me 20 goal scorer that can play on both ends of the rink, that's hard to play against, and can skate instead.

Well right now it looks like he's an ineffective 15 goal scorer, so it's even worse than that.

5 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

The problem is he's a very ineffective 30 goal scorer. When he's not scoring, he's honestly not doing anything else. Give me 20 goal scorer that can play on both ends of the rink, that's hard to play against, and can skate instead.

Tyler Toffoli.   People loved this guy.   To me he's a perfect example of a guy who gets himself free into the right spot at the right time.   But he's not hard to play against.   Or fast.  Nor does he hit guys or take hits to make plays.    Just very good at going into the danger areas around the net and punting pucks into the open net.   How many goals did we see him score from the hash marks?   From a shot ... well some.   Goals scorers get ranked higher and rightly so.   Brock gets a couple hattie's and he's right back on pace.   It's not a foregone conclusion (yet) that he's lost his shot. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

It wouldn't be surprising, Boeser has consistently put up numbers ever since he came into the league.

But that doesn't mean it still wouldn't be a wise move. We obviously have a surplus of one-dimensional wingers.

We can't underestimate the value of simply opening up cap space which will allow management to balance the makeup of the lineup.

In a vacuum it'd suck to lose a top-6 player for nothing but that is the reality of the cap and value of non top-line wingers these days.

Yes don't disagree at all with that. 

Thing is though, we all hope to get something (almost anything in return for our players), but just about now, the cap space would have been invaluable. 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Tyler Toffoli.   People loved this guy.   To me he's a perfect example of a guy who gets himself free into the right spot at the right time.   But he's not hard to play against.   Or fast.  Nor does he hit guys or take hits to make plays.    Just very good at going into the danger areas around the net and punting pucks into the open net.   How many goals did we see him score from the hash marks?   From a shot ... well some.   Goals scorers get ranked higher and rightly so.   Brock gets a couple hattie's and he's right back on pace.   It's not a foregone conclusion (yet) that he's lost his shot. 

Boeser hasn't had a hattrick in over 3 years.  Doubt he's gonna get another one anytime soon.  Toffoli is a veteran cup champion who doesn't have speed but his hockey smarts is off the charts.  Just knows how to get open.  Boeser seems to not be able to put himself in scoring chances very often and doesn't have the speed to get to where he needs to go.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Muttley said:

They do want the cap space. Can't help thinking Boeser's more successful previous years should be pumped up big time and that he'd rally with a change of scenery.

Being brutally honest, doubt we have the management team to pull it off. They're only marginally more competent then the last. At least that's my take.

Can't blame them for last season.   Team was charging back hard.   Our 5 x 5 play was good.   Our PP excellent and our PK respectable (12th... COL was 14th).   And the Miller trade reported was pretty meh for what he was doing.   

Off season was a mixed bag.   Miller.  Well sure would like final 49 games Miller right?   And the same people clamouring for Horvat to re-sign be warned.   Horvat did most his damage on the PP.    He's working really hard too to get a big deal right now.   That's worrisome.    

Fool me once and all of that.   At least Miller did it all year ... 80 point pace  first half - 120 second half.   A full year before he was due.   Horvat 35 point pace  his first half - 75 his second.   The Bruce bump.   Mostly on the PP. 

This team wants me to grab their collective shoulders and give it a really hard shake.   Wake them up.    Bruce knows they can do it too.    

To me management gets a bye until they don't pick a lane.   It's not a video game.  You can't trade bad contracts or mediocre ones easily.   Especially now.   That said they need to pick a lane and commit.   Both come with risks - and it shouldn't be half measures.   It's ok to trade Horvat.  But they won't until closer to the deadline.    Because other teams aren't set yet either.    It's also ok to re-sign him.   What's not ok is more of macaroni art.     We won't find out until closer to this deadline.    And possibly not until after the draft. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser hasn't had a hattrick in over 3 years.  Doubt he's gonna get another one anytime soon.  Toffoli is a veteran cup champion who doesn't have speed but his hockey smarts is off the charts.  Just knows how to get open.  Boeser seems to not be able to put himself in scoring chances very often and doesn't have the speed to get to where he needs to go.

Thanks EP!  Last time i said that, he scored two goals.   Was hoping when i asked Provost to make his annual thread of how impossible it was we'd go on a winning streak too... just 4/5.    Listen i get it.     And also get TT and Pearson.   But didn't get the TT infatuation over so few games.   Kuzmenko to too a degree as well.   There was a time when Brock  brought it, and can't help but wish him the best, either with us or someone else. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Can't blame them for last season.   Team was charging back hard.   Our 5 x 5 play was good.   Our PP excellent and our PK respectable (12th... COL was 14th).   And the Miller trade reported was pretty meh for what he was doing.   

Off season was a mixed bag.   Miller.  Well sure would like final 49 games Miller right?   And the same people clamouring for Horvat to re-sign be warned.   Horvat did most his damage on the PP.    He's working really hard too to get a big deal right now.   That's worrisome.    

Fool me once and all of that.   At least Miller did it all year ... 80 point pace  first half - 120 second half.   A full year before he was due.   Horvat 35 point pace  his first half - 75 his second.   The Bruce bump.   Mostly on the PP. 

This team wants me to grab their collective shoulders and give it a really hard shake.   Wake them up.    Bruce knows they can do it too.    

To me management gets a bye until they don't pick a lane.   It's not a video game.  You can't trade bad contracts or mediocre ones easily.   Especially now.   That said they need to pick a lane and commit.   Both come with risks - and it shouldn't be half measures.   It's ok to trade Horvat.  But they won't until closer to the deadline.    Because other teams aren't set yet either.    It's also ok to re-sign him.   What's not ok is more of macaroni art.     We won't find out until closer to this deadline.    And possibly not until after the draft. 

Miller last year: 99 points, 59 5v5, 38 PP, 2PK

Miller this year: 25 points, 12 5v5, 13 PP

Horvat last year: 52 points, 32 5v5, 19 PP, 1PK

Horvat this year: 26 points, 13 5v5, 11 PP, 2 PK

Difference this year is that Miller has less points average 5v5 and BO has more points average on the PP.  The PP seems to be bumping both Miller and Horvat's stats this year.

At the end of the day, those PP numbers aren't sustainable so then you need to look at who's been more productive 5v5, which is Miller.  Good news is the PP has pumped Horvat's numbers to a point where he should get us a good trade package at the deadline.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller last year: 99 points, 59 5v5, 38 PP, 2PK

Miller this year: 25 points, 12 5v5, 13 PP

Horvat last year: 52 points, 32 5v5, 19 PP, 1PK

Horvat this year: 26 points, 13 5v5, 11 PP, 2 PK

Difference this year is that Miller has less points average 5v5 and BO has more points average on the PP.  The PP seems to be bumping both Miller and Horvat's stats this year.

At the end of the day, those PP numbers aren't sustainable so then you need to look at who's been more productive 5v5, which is Miller.  Good news is the PP has pumped Horvat's numbers to a point where he should get us a good trade package at the deadline.

You're ingnoring other factors though.... Age, faceoffs, C vs winger who can play C, PKer vs non, captain vs perceived quitter on plays, etc

Edited by Jayinblack

6 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

You're ingnoring other factors though.... Age, faceoffs, C vs winger who can play C, PKer vs non, captain vs perceived quitter on plays, etc

Miller is already signed so that is a moot point.  The issue is now having to pay upwards of $9 million for 8 years for a 28 year old who is having a career year that is not sustainable...

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Toffoli is hard to play against.  We rarely saw him lose any battles here.  He also rarely makes mistakes or gets knocked off the puck.   If we had Toffoli here instead of bb6, we'd be a much better team.  

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is already signed so that is a moot point.  The issue is now having to pay upwards of $9 million for 8 years for a 28 year old who is having a career year that is not sustainable...

I dont mind Miller.  Most nights, he brings it.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, awalk said:

What's the upside of trading him now as opposed to being patient? 
I guess it depends on any follow up moves but I don't see the point of having cap space with no assets to go out and use that cap space.... 

Cause the longer we have him in the lineup the longer we suck.

also, we need to figure out a way to sign horvat fast.  

Edited by EddieVedder

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Cause the longer we have him in the lineup the longer we suck.

also, we need to figure out a way to sign horvat fast.  

Can’t see Bo re signing here given the state of the franchise and how he’s basically punched himself a ticket well north of 8 million per season with his performance so far. If I were him I’d want to gtfo as quick as possible. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

LOL yes if any get a couple Hattie's they are back.  

To me 5 years and he has never lived up to his potential.How long do you want to wait? 

I wanted him traded in the summer yet here he is doing the same thing year after year.  His time to go is asap.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Can’t see Bo re signing here given the state of the franchise and how he’s basically punched himself a ticket well north of 8 million per season with his performance so far. If I were him I’d want to gtfo as quick as possible. 

Bo's captain for a reason.  If the ship is going down, hes going down with it. 

• RoughGame 1

22 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Bo wants more than Vcr can offer for success on the ice. 

• Vintage 1