The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver - Detroit (Proposal)

11 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Simple and quick 

Boeser ($1,650,000 retained)   for  Detroits  2nd round and 5th round picks

Now you might think Detroit should pay more, especially with retention, but it is to our advantage

So that clears approx $5,000,000 per season

Look at this way............its a 2nd and a 5th , plus either money to resign Horvat or its money to resign Kuzmenko, or a RHD, or a part there of.

This deal can really be made with anyone who wants Boeser.

Yes I agree with this trade. Fans are going to be upset but no teams are going to offer Canucks a great package for Boeser 25.

Boeser values has really gone down and starting.. 3 yrs X 6.65 million not great - slow, injury prone Boeser needs a re start on a new team..Retain 1.65 million - free up cap take a draft pick 2nd 2023 -- young D prospect, use the money to sign Kuzmenko who might be a better player we will see..

2021-22 GP  71 - G 23 PTS 46

2022-23 GP 22 -G  4 PTS 16

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Why are we retaining?  Stevie Y's gonna recoup Boeser's value so well, it's probably going to look like highway robbery.

Why would teams want Boesers 6.65 million X 3 yrs ? Retaining salary would make trade easier...

Boeser has done nothing last 2 yrs doesn't look engaged, slow not physical and he doesn't score like he did in his first 2 yrs..

Retain 1 million and move the asset..Kuzmenko can fill his spot..

Wingers 

--  1.Miller W/C - Kuzmenko - Garland - Mikheyev - Hoglander - Podkolzin --Joshua W/C  - Lazar W/C

5 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Yes I agree with this trade. Fans are going to be upset but no teams are going to offer Canucks a great package for Boeser 25.

Boeser values has really gone down and starting.. 3 yrs X 6.65 million not great - slow, injury prone Boeser needs a re start on a new team..Retain 1.65 million - free up cap take a draft pick 2nd 2023 -- young D prospect, use the money to sign Kuzmenko who might be a better player we will see..

2021-22 GP  71 - G 23 PTS 46

2022-23 GP 22 -G  4 PTS 16

Thanks wildcam

I don't see retaining 1.6 per as a huge cost for 2 years, and if the return gets us a mid 2nd, where it might only get us a 3rd or 4th, otherwise, I am all for it. But that is just me.

• Like 1

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

Thanks wildcam

I don't see retaining 1.6 per as a huge cost for 2 years, and if the return gets us a mid 2nd, where it might only get us a 3rd or 4th, otherwise, I am all for it. But that is just me.

I hope Canucks management see this? They offer Miller 8 million X 7 yrs last summer..

I was hoping they offered Horvat 6.8 - 7  million X 8 yrs  last summer ?Horvat would of signed now he won't sign. Having a great start and knowing how management decided on Miller last summer .. Horvat  will demand 7.8 --8 million X 7 yrs now

Sure hope We get a decent return for Horvat? Management are in a tight corner now trade deadline March 3rd..

Horvat has to be signed or traded before this big day March 3rd?

• Cheers 1

Horvat 50% retained as a rental...............But he signs with either Columbus or Montreal.......Caronlina as a pure rental

All will include short term cap dumps

Carolina - Morrow and a 1st

Columbus - Ceulemans and a 2nd

Montreal - Mailloux and a 2nd

I could live with these returns...........I would feel sick, but since Rutherford will not allow the other team to talk to Horvat, I see it as the best we get.........

It is really the other move that happens this TDL

10 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Horvat 50% retained as a rental...............But he signs with either Columbus or Montreal.......Caronlina as a pure rental

I could live with these returns...........I would feel sick, but since Rutherford will not allow the other team to talk to Horvat, I see it as the best we get.........

Rumor is that management wants to move Horvat for a center or RD that can help them now... I don't think we're going to get that blue chip ELC RD savior that many fans are hoping for but a ready-made, plug-and-play RHD who probably costs more and might not have much more upside than what we can see.

30 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Horvat’s agent isn’t permitted to talk extension prior to any trade. Which makes me think Horvat has informed the team that he’s going to explore free agency no matter where he goes.  

If thats the case you can forget about any basement dwelling team trading for him

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Why would teams want Boesers 6.65 million X 3 yrs ? Retaining salary would make trade easier...

Boeser has done nothing last 2 yrs doesn't look engaged, slow not physical and he doesn't score like he did in his first 2 yrs..

Retain 1 million and move the asset..Kuzmenko can fill his spot..

Wingers 

--  1.Miller W/C - Kuzmenko - Garland - Mikheyev - Hoglander - Podkolzin --Joshua W/C  - Lazar W/C

Fair points, though given his counting stats he's not really even off his usual scoring pace points-wise, and he looked better next to a playmaker like Petey so it's not like the shot that's defined his game is gone.  Line him up as an outside shot alongside Hronek or Seider on the PP and he'll easily light it up.  Yzerman's not going to want to move him for more than those later picks and with Vancouver retaining of course, which makes it the worst time now to trade him (not only do we have dead cap and mediocre return [I don't trust this management's ability to pick and draft kids outside of the 1st round, but that's another topic], the talent around him and the new opportunity to play alongside a playmaker will probably make this a lopsided deal, that's what I'm cautious of, especially when the move to dump him is done out of poor performance in hindsight).  TL;DR: I don't believe in selling low, that's just bad business.

Also, regarding Kuzmenko I'll have to respectfully disagree, I don't think we should bring him back since our wingers are already expensive as it is and he'll readily take ~$6 million as a UFA.  While moving Boeser to free up space looks good, and Kuzmenko also looks good, I'm of the belief that improvements on defense and center (if/ after Horvat gets moved) should be the priority, since our offense is already good but it's the play in our own end that's losing us games.  I'd rather open up the roster spot so that one of the kids can play their way up and spend cap again to fix the other positions.  

Edited by Phil_314

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Horvat’s agent isn’t permitted to talk extension prior to any trade. Which makes me think Horvat has informed the team that he’s going to explore free agency no matter where he goes.  

If thats the case you can forget about any basement dwelling team trading for him

I agree to some extent, but situations are fluid. A no today, can be a yes tomorrow. Yes there is risk, but that does not mean it is absolute. Has there been collusion? Have other teams expressed interest? I have several friends that played in the NHL, and there were always whispers before free agency.

IMO, JR is just judging everyone else on his own values.....lol

In the end..............who the frick knows? I know I don't, and what is said in the press can all be part of the game.

3 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I think Horvat will be traded to one of these 5 times -- Colorado - Boston - Minnesoda -  Columbus- Carolina

Colorado - Need #2 C bad to make the long run again. - Newhook C - Ollausson 19 W - MacDermaid 28 D Toughness

Boston -  Krejci 36 C They need a centre like Bo----- Lohrei 6'4 D -21 --  Lysell  19 --Zacha 25 6'3--

Wild --   Need C bad ---  Faber 6'3 RD ---  Greenway 25 - 6'6 W --  2nd rounder

Columbus -- Peeke 24 RD --Merchenko  22 -- 2nd rounder

Carolina -- Morrow  - 1st rounder

• Cheers 1

Brock for Looch straight uhhhhp. Id rather just clear the cap than carry 2 years of dead cap. I'd love it if they add but the reality is Brock never should have been signed at all to that deal. If we couldn't trade him last season or in the offseason just letting him walk for free would have been the better move. This gives MGMT a mulligan on that mistake without compounding mistakes a la JB special.

Honestly Looch might even be a better fit if we make a playoff push. 

Edited by hammertime

Boeser for Severson?

NJD do it because he's a UFA next year, likely walks, they gain a top 6 scorer.

We get cap back but may chose to let him walk so gain 6M in flexibility, or re-sign him and flip Myers in the off-season. Either way we can re-sign Bo and keep a top 4 RD. Throw Garland away to anyone for a pick and we have room to sign Kuz as well.

Out: Boeser, Myers, Garland

In: Severson, Bo, Kuzmenko