The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Allvin obviosly can't declare his team plan. It's naive to believe he would

I don't understand how this place calls themselves educated and pats their own backs for hindsight drafting, but can't understand why a pro team won't display their full plan to a T publically. Really baffling, followed by thousands of making it up as they go posts too :lol:

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don't understand how this place calls themselves educated and pats their own backs for hindsight drafting, but can't understand why a pro team won't display their full plan to a T publically. Really baffling, followed by thousands of making it up as they go posts too :lol:

I don't think it's what you're describing here. I think fans just want to see a change in a broken philosophy. Retools don't often succeed. Rebuilds aren't always the answer, you need a mixture of both. The problem with this franchise is that they traded too many picks when they weren't ready and made a lot of bad picks in the process, leaving the cupboards bare and a lack of picks which shouldn't be the issue when you don't finish very well every year. I think fans just don't want to be lied to or told that a retool Is what they are doing when they haven't shown they have been successful at it in the last 8 years. 

On 12/19/2022 at 11:22 AM, ToTellTheTruth said:

Shorty, Garrett, was not allowing Scott to pursue questions, he was giving excuses for Allvin and deflecting some of the tougher questions until Oake asked if he was the Assistant GM or applying for the job. Really how did being at home become too stressful for the players, too many distractions? Garrett's answer to a question put to Allvin.

"Shorty" has been put to so many people, Larchied, Shorthouse, Garrett. Seems this team needs a "shorty" in the booth.

He should not be on any of these interviews at all, he plays the part of the relief valve diverting tough questions.

Even Rutherford almost ignored him when Garrett tried to change the direction, he politely answered Garret, cut him off and surprisingly answered Oake's question.

I meant Garrett ... lol