The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks home record - What is happening?

Rate this topic

grandmaster

I've had season tickets for years and have been to at least 7 - 12 home games a season for the last 10 years.

I'll tell you what the problem is this year from first hand experience..  This team is not cohesive.  There is no good leadership on the ice that the whole team follows.

They don't act as one.

On the road they are not under the microscope as they are at home.  Home is where the lack of cohesiveness shows up.

Voila terrible home record.

Once Horvat is moved and a couple of bad contracts are moved or expire, they can start to come back up. Will take time though.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

I've had season tickets for years and have been to at least 7 - 12 home games a season for the last 10 years.

I'll tell you what the problem is this year from first hand experience..  This team is not cohesive.  There is no good leadership on the ice that the whole team follows.

They don't act as one.

On the road they are not under the microscope as they are at home.  Home is where the lack of cohesiveness shows up.

Voila terrible home record.

Once Horvat is moved and a couple of bad contracts are moved or expire, they can start to come back up. Will take time though.

Key point of yours is “it will take time”.  We fans need to have patience. 

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

IMO, I think 90% of the team knows they suck, and playing at home in front of frustrated fans adds to the pressure to win. I wish Luke Schenn could smack them all and wake them up. Team needs to start believing in themselves, but it must be tough to do knowing your captain wants out. 

How de we/they know Bo wants out?

I am shocked that only one person commented on how Canucks fans are the worst. 

It is quite telling that our home record is as bad as it is, given the following: 

- Fans are throwing jerseys on the ice. This is humiliating. What NHL player would be proud to play in front of fans where jerseys are being thrown onto the ice? Such a classless and disrespectful move. 

- Fans are booing JT Miller when he touches the puck. Say what you want about him and his attitude, but booing a player with a letter on his jersey in your home building is an absolute joke. Other teams would be chirping the heck out of the Canucks, and as a player you'd feel like you're walking on eggshells anytime the other team scores a goal. 

- There is so much less pressure to perform on the road given the above. 

Blaming ownership for everything wrong with this team is getting a bit repetitive and annoying. I still have no idea why fans continue to point the finger at ownership with literally no evidence for this. But I digress.... 

If you guys stop booing and throwing our jersey on the ice, the team can focus and play well at home!!! I am sure you don't want to be booed and seeing your Jersey thrown etc as that will just make every player hold their stick a bit harder!! 

Edited by RolexSub

On 12/22/2022 at 8:54 AM, grandmaster said:

Several reports on our current home record on track to being the worst ever:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/amp/vancouver-canucks-on-track-worst-home-record-franchise-history

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/amp/the_vancouver_canucks_are_on_track_for_their_worst_home_record_in_franchise_history/s1_15359_38267728

15 home games, only 5 wins and we’ve been crushed 5-1 multiple times. Games resulted in jerseys being tossed and  the team booed off the ice. 

I don’t get it. It’s killing or has probably already killed our season. If we had just 5 more wins at home, we would be in 3rd in the Pacific right now. 

Why are we so bad at home? 

I suspect that the Canucks are mentally weak and simply allow certain things to get into their heads.

Case in point - we blew a lead against Edmonton in our first game.  What happened next?  We blew multiple goal leads multiple times over the next few weeks and set an infamous NHL record.

Getting blown out at home and inhaling urethra has become the new blowing multiple goal leads.  Wonder what our next mental yip will be?

On 12/24/2022 at 1:39 AM, Hectic said:

I am shocked that only one person commented on how Canucks fans are the worst. 

It is quite telling that our home record is as bad as it is, given the following: 

- Fans are throwing jerseys on the ice. This is humiliating. What NHL player would be proud to play in front of fans where jerseys are being thrown onto the ice? Such a classless and disrespectful move. 

- Fans are booing JT Miller when he touches the puck. Say what you want about him and his attitude, but booing a player with a letter on his jersey in your home building is an absolute joke. Other teams would be chirping the heck out of the Canucks, and as a player you'd feel like you're walking on eggshells anytime the other team scores a goal. 

- There is so much less pressure to perform on the road given the above. 

Blaming ownership for everything wrong with this team is getting a bit repetitive and annoying. I still have no idea why fans continue to point the finger at ownership with literally no evidence for this. But I digress.... 

You’re right as rain.  We do have one of the worst fanbases and media in all of pro sports.  The media convinced the fans that moving JT Miller was the best thing to do in the off season and then threw a tantrum when management went in a different direction.  Now?  Miller has become one of our biggest whipping boys amongst the media, HF Canucks, Twitter, 650 Sportsnet, etc.  Welcome to the new “modern” Canucks market littered with warped radical left wing nut jobs.

• Cheers 1

On 12/22/2022 at 8:54 AM, grandmaster said:

Several reports on our current home record on track to being the worst ever:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/amp/vancouver-canucks-on-track-worst-home-record-franchise-history

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/amp/the_vancouver_canucks_are_on_track_for_their_worst_home_record_in_franchise_history/s1_15359_38267728

15 home games, only 5 wins and we’ve been crushed 5-1 multiple times. Games resulted in jerseys being tossed and  the team booed off the ice. 

I don’t get it. It’s killing or has probably already killed our season. If we had just 5 more wins at home, we would be in 3rd in the Pacific right now. 

Why are we so bad at home? 

Because we've faced teams motivated to beat us and we were/are getting used to the new guys and vice versa, plus our D corps were decimated to start off with too. 

I wouldn't be that concerned now since we're starting to turn the corner a bit and we still miss Dermott big-time and getting him back will make a bigger difference than most people realize, he doesn't score a lot of points but more importantly he can move the puck quick and seldom makes mistakes and losing a top 4 D out of the line-up for all this time was something we could hardly afford. No wonder if you put it all together it's surprising that we're near .500 at all. 

Yeah we still need work but at least we're heading forward and if we build a team for a change we might actually win a.. (not jinxing it)!