The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

3 minutes ago, billabong said:

To NYR: horvat 

To VAN: laffy, chytil, 2nd round pick 2023

who says no?

I do. Chytil has an under 38% face off percentage. Petey is at 43.5%

There would have to be a 1st and a defensive prospect coming back as well or no deal.

• Cheers 1

I'm not sure how a deal with Horvat going to NYR would work. Rangers don't have the cap space, and all of their high cap hit players have NMCs.

Lafreniere makes under a million, Bo makes almost $6 (this year). I don't think the Rangers could afford Horvat moving forward, especially if he's wanting $8.

What about Kuzmenko for Lafreniere?  They make around the same, both are wingers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

The rangers

Why would they say no? They would be getting a guy who's on a PPG pace, Who's good on faceoffs. On a meh year he gets 50 points.

For two players who both have yet to get over 32 points. And they don't have to give up a 1st rounder or a defensive prospect?

That's why I say I wouldn't do that deal you are selling far too low. And it leaves a massive hole down the middle. Unless the idea is to tank.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm not sure how a deal with Horvat going to NYR would work. Rangers don't have the cap space, and all of their high cap hit players have NMCs.

Lafreniere makes under a million, Bo makes almost $6 (this year). I don't think the Rangers could afford Horvat moving forward, especially if he's wanting $8.

What about Kuzmenko for Lafreniere?  They make around the same, both are wingers.

And watch CDC scream bloody, blue murder when Kuz gets 50+ points every season, if Laffy doesn't work out.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Why would they say no? They would be getting a guy who's on a PPG pace, Who's good on faceoffs. On a meh year he gets 50 points.

For two players who both have yet to get over 32 points. And they don't have to give up a 1st rounder or a defensive prospect?

That's why I say I wouldn't do that deal you are selling far too low. And it leaves a massive hole down the middle. Unless the idea is to tank.

Because AF is a former first overall pick who just turned 21, under club control for 5 more years and is putting up decent numbers besides getting less than 15 minutes a game in the coaches dog house. 

On the flip side Bo is almost 7 years older, a pending UFA who will be asking for 8 million plus on his next deal.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Ethan Bear recently said they have to stop having so much fun and get to work, then he was benched by Funmaster Bruce.  JR/PA would probably agree with Bear, it's time to get down to work and get serious. You know what's fun? Winning.

Kuzmenko probably has more fun on the team than anyone.  They can sell high on him, and maybe he becomes the Breadman's BFF.  It would give me a glimmer of hope for the Canucks future if they somehow snagged the 1st overall player from 2020.

Lafreniere - Pettersson - Mikheyev

Would kind of suck to lose Kuzy, he's been one of the few positive stories this year, but he was a free asset and the Canucks have an opportunity to cash in. Lafreniere is only 21.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Rangers right off the bat will block our numbers if we offer Miller straight up. They don’t have the cap space and don’t want to be stuck with him for 7 years at his cap.

Rangers will not want Horvat because hes a UFA, they are not going to trade Laffy for him. He’s still a former 1st overall pick and is just 21 years old, that would be foolishly shortsighted of them. And they won’t be able to again afford his cap space unless we’re going to be taking cap dump back such as Goodrow or Trouba (who sucks and is Miller on defense).

I really don’t see a trade with happening that doesn’t screw us over.

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Assuming Kuzmenko doesn’t agree to a reasonable extension now that he is eligible to…. That would be a fine deal for us.

Not sure the Rangers want to do it for a pending free agent 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Meh. If a first and a grade A prospect are the ask, the Rags are dreaming. I don't care if this player was a first overall. Watch him play and he reminds me way too much of Puoljarvi. Nice to see the lottery winning Rags suffer some with this pick. I would offer up JT in some kind of package but only because I'm down on JT, and want Bo to stay. Ideally, if Bo is traded, I would rather see a more sure fire player coming back and a player playing a position of need on this 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, You Mad Bro? said:

This management team needs to make a move that’s perceived as a W. They’re running on a string of L’s right now 

The weird thing is that for trades, this management has done quite well, with Stillman being the one bad acquisition. Furthermore, their UFA signings have done well.

What this management did wrong was what they didn't do. They didn't trade Miller. They didn't change the defense core. Adding Bear was not enough. They didn't think about the future.

In some ways, this feels like the Luongo/Schneider debacle from a few years back. You have an asset to trade away - Luongo - and someone you could use moving forward. Instead, we give away the better asset (Schneider) and keep Luongo. Worst of all, the return that we'd get back for the good asset is probably reduced. The trade for Horvat should be worth a lot, but Miller still should've been traded.

Was new management worried about Horvat not re-signing?

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Rangers right off the bat will block our numbers if we offer Miller straight up. They don’t have the cap space and don’t want to be stuck with him for 7 years at his cap.

Rangers will not want Horvat because hes a UFA, they are not going to trade Laffy for him. He’s still a former 1st overall pick and is just 21 years old, that would be foolishly shortsighted of them. And they won’t be able to again afford his cap space unless we’re going to be taking cap dump back such as Goodrow or Trouba (who sucks and is Miller on defense).

I really don’t see a trade with happening that doesn’t screw us over.

If the Canucks unloaded Miller earlier, much earlier, the Rangers could've been interested.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not really, pretty much every player they have brought in so far has been excellent. 

The issue for me is that they addressed the wrong concern,  we needed a complete overhaul of the defense,  not the middle slot of forwards - I think the 'meh' record and awful GA back this up, not to mention the worst in league PK.  Even JR said as much (about needing to make changes on defense) and then inexplicably did nothing about it except coming back this year with the same group and expecting a different outcome.  

If BoHo is in fact on his way out they should be looking at a young RHD, but they'll probably end up with another redundant winger of some sort and expect us to believe we'll be better somehow because of the move?

• Like 1