The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'd like to hear this from a more valid source but here's hoping 

It's no secret I'd like to move on from him 

It’s all hope right now my friend. Even the reliable sources I take with a grain 

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah I get it these guys are paid to write stories impossible to know how much is click bait. But it’s that time of year and it’s a rumour no different than those including other players. 

it’s funny because all the teams that want horvat need him for the same reason we do… 

trading  them both would go along way to fixing this team it might be the only way to fix us. 

It would be nice if we could keep both,.  

Consider 1 a winger , 1 a Center.

and hold.

Theres others on this club that management has to get creative with to move,.

I even think Boudreau was trying to raise the assets of others to try and make them moveable.

The last game Boudreau played every one to strength, including Kuzmenko on the 1pp over Boeser.

Moving Pearson, Garland, Boeser and a few others for picks could easily sort this log jam.

but it’s tough when guys are playing sub par.

Our goalie depth might help  facilitate something.

Most of our prospects I want to keep over those 3 I mentioned.

This management group has their work cut out for them.  .   It’s a huge task,  and really they’ve done well so far, given a year at the helm.

People forget , this is Year 1 for management,

.. but for fans it’s an accumulation of disappointment over the last 10 years that has them frustrated at this point.

Im enjoying the ride,  it’s the game,  it’s culture for us, in the form of entertainment from a sport.

It’s sad that Bo is in this spot not being signed..  wish he would have played like this 2-3 years ago.

The best that can happen , will , and whatever that is I can only support it.

• Cheers 4

Marco Kasper, cap dump, top 10 protected 1st outta Detroit? Vrana maybe. A super Miller package for Hughes and Hughes outta New Jersey seems like a dream. But would be fun to think about. New Jersey has a bunch of cap coming off the books this summer. And some interesting prospects. That might be the easiest destination to work out a deal with. Well, same with Detroit. Bubble teams looking to take a step forward.

Pittsburgh doesn't have much I like, even Pickering isn't super interesting. Mostly cause he is a left D. But I suppose we could throw in Rathbone with Miller for a bigger return. Hallander is a 22 year old center. Having a pretty wicked year in the A. They have center playing NCAA, but with how we've treated our NCAA kids lately, not so sure they'll be in a rush to sign here.

The Rangers are the hardest to make a deal with. Their cap players are actually good and they have 3.5mil in buyouts. Can't help there. So I dunno. Goodrow, Chytil/Kakko and a 2nd? How interested are we in 4 years after this season of Goodrow at 3.7mil? They need to re-sign K'andre Miller in the offseason. Dude is playing nearly 22minutes a game for them. That's gonna be costly. I just don't see a JT Miller as a fit with the Rangers. Not with the cap hit he'll have next season. I guess they can send us Kreider, but that doesn't do much for us. 4 years after this year at 6.5mil. And he's looking like he might start declining.

10 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah like Boeser for instance. We’ll get a pick back and a guy that makes 4 million or something along those lines

Given the effect Brock’s Dads passing has had on his play,    I think management should be targeting The Wild,     .. even for a future pick .

He will probably reclaim his game being at home ina state he lives with his family and friends,  many pros he practices and trains with in the off season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Horvat goes to BOS:

I'd be thrilled with: Brandon Carlo, Fabian Lysell and a 1st :towel:

I'd be happy with:  Trent Frederic, Fabian Lysell and a 1st <_<

I'm expecting from Allvin:  Craig Smith, Jakub Zboril and 1st :(

..  I like Debrusk.  Pulled his game together , besides being unhappy and wanting out last season.

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Horvat goes to BOS:

I'd be thrilled with: Brandon Carlo, Fabian Lysell and a 1st :towel:

I'd be happy with:  Trent Frederic, Fabian Lysell and a 1st <_<

I'm expecting from Allvin:  Craig Smith, Jakub Zboril and 1st :(

that would be so bad, hells yes to the first, and agree 2nd I am OK with 

23 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Moving Miller would be ideal. Ship sailed on a good return, but bloated management committee can spread the blame around on that one and move on.

Hope this rumour is true.

A fair return could come up but if the rumors were true about the possible Rangers package last season and the team chose to explore other options that really would be a BIG fail if true. But frankly I don't believe much of the conjecture we hear from media types, analysts or those " in the know ". If Bob McKenzie didn't report it or voice something in the media then it isn't legit...yes I am aware that legend retired.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Problem is Miller is a very good player and will NOT be treated by this management group as a cap dump. There could certainly be trade options with any of the four clubs mentioned absolutely. The Rangers, Devils, and Penguins could all use Miller to get them over the hump into contention so to speak. Either team would be needing to part with their 2023 1st which will be a pick in the 20's. Then its a matter of other pieces involved. The Rangers have more pieces likely of interest to Vancouver if we are assuming the team is seeking the under 25 year old players to fit in. Maybe a Chytil, Mercer, or Ty Smith would be involved in a deal but at this point of the team feels its worth getting Bo done at 8m + then I would pay to move a Myers say and 23'3rd to Ottawa for an expiring contract like Nick Holden. Boeser and Stillman involved in a deal to bring in Dumba, move out some cap and add at defense.

Be interesting to see, I feel days and weeks are going to go by here and we won't really see much happen though.

Completely agree. My ideal situation would be Miller for any of those combos including a 1st, then Boeser for Dumba. 

I've said this before, they've set the internal salary structure at $8M for their best winger (whether Allvin thought that at the time he signed Miller or not, that's what he is) and Horvat wants more than that. 

Petey is going to be the highest paid player when he re-signs after next season.  Think $9.5+.  So what can you pay your 2C?  With Miller gone, can they manage $8.5?   

And to re-up Kuzmenko, they'll need to shift another big contract because Kuz is looking like the guy we always hoped Boeser would become, a legit 30+ goal player who should be paid real money

• There it is 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

A fair return could come up but if the rumors were true about the possible Rangers package last season and the team chose to explore other options that really would be a BIG fail if true. But frankly I don't believe much of the conjecture we hear from media types, analysts or those " in the know ". If Bob McKenzie didn't report it or voice something in the media then it isn't legit...yes I am aware that legend retired.

There's no shortage of false reports, hard to not be cynical.

But I giggled a bit at "fair return", and what fair looks like now from either side of the table. Lol