The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I've been eye rolling the whole "immovable with his extension" narrative. There's zero chance most "win now" teams wouldn't be extremely interested in a +/- 1PPG PWF winger who can win draws/chip in at C, and is on an expiring BARGAIN deal, with a below market extension in place.

Are we likely going to need to take back some cap? Yup. Are we likely going to get what we could have last TDL....maybe, maybe not. But he's FAR from immovable. 

The real question is, does this management group have the cajones/ability to swallow their pride to admit the error and course correct extending him?

Then, can they follow that up by getting Horvat extended (or if not, hitting an absolute homerun on a return)?

The real question (IMHAO) is whether our owner will allow a trade of either Miller or Bo.  Unless management can show there is a clear plan to make the club better now with a trade I can’t see our owner allowing it.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I've been eye rolling the whole "immovable with his extension" narrative. There's zero chance most "win now" teams wouldn't be extremely interested in a +/- 1PPG PWF winger who can win draws/chip in at C, and is on an expiring BARGAIN deal, with a below market extension in place.

Are we likely going to need to take back some cap? Yup. Are we likely going to get what we could have last TDL....maybe, maybe not. But he's FAR from immovable. 

The real question is, does this management group have the cajones/ability to swallow their pride to admit the error and course correct extending him?

Then, can they follow that up by getting Horvat extended (or if not, hitting an absolute homerun on a return)?

Hope and pray that management would make the move.  Trading him say to Jersey (get Sharangovich, who's scored as a top-6 forward before and can play any position, but is "struggling" at 0.5 points/ game and has been inconsistent [often plays 3rd/ 4th line], Severson [expiring but top-4 RHD who's only 28] and hopefully a pick on top) or the Rangers (Goodrow would be a great starting point, hopefully as defensive 3rd C, + Robertson or pick) or even Detroit would be great.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Hope and pray that management would make the move.  Trading him say to Jersey (get Sharangovich, who's scored as a top-6 forward before and can play any position, but is "struggling" at 0.5 points/ game and has been inconsistent [often plays 3rd/ 4th line], Severson [expiring but top-4 RHD who's only 28] and hopefully a pick on top) or the Rangers (Goodrow would be a great starting point, hopefully as defensive 3rd C, + Robertson or pick) or even Detroit would be great.

Yeah I'm doubtful...but I've been praying they see the light and fix the error since his extension was announced. But literally nothing they've done/said indicates they plan to move him. (PLEASE BE A SMOKE SCREEN!) I'll have literally every appendage crossed for the 2 months leading up to the TDL...but I expect to feel like Ralph Wiggum when Lisa broke his heart when Miller's still here in April.

simpsons-ralph-wiggum.gif

And I'd love Sharangovich + FWIW.

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Why would we make a trade for an overpaid defenceman who can't play defence?

I think Dumbo is an expiring contract.  The idea would be we clear all Brock’s contract after this season because we would let Dumba walk. 

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Well, Miller’s recent headlines won’t hurt, plus JR can’t give too many f’s about perception at this stage in his career. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

Lol that's the face of fans on CDC all season, get used to it man :P

I'd like to "get used to" smart management decisions that aim to focus on making the best and deepest team for Pettersson and Hughes peaks in 2+ years.

• Cheers 2

Just looked at Carolina's player contracts on Cap friendly...........they will loose a lot of players after this year............

If they want to take one final run..this is it, until their prospects mature...............

Horvat is a real target for them.........IMHO

Carolina has 7 UFA's over the age of 30...........that is 7

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

Just now, Phil_314 said:

@aGENT for a GM?  

I sure wish I was last summer anyway... We'd have moved Miller and used the cap space and Rathbone to add Marino at a minimum. Likely could have extended Horvat for closer to $7m at that point as well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, combover said:

https://www.canucksdaily.com/Trade-chatter-on-Miller-picking-up-and-4-teams-have-shown-interest-194946

At this point, 4 teams have raised their hands regarding their interest in the former 99 points scorer.

pits nyr njd det

One  can only hope this has some  level of truth. 

doesn’t give much detail . 

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2023/01/canucks-jt-miller-linked-to-several.html?fbclid=IwAR3U-dWUPPy3BCd9IrAuDsmOj8K-oCDT7HWdl7PWUO4WBz0NoDEWhGlRRcU&m=1

reads and sounds like bs

• There it is 1