The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I sure wish I was last summer anyway... We'd have moved Miller and used the cap space and Rathbone to add Marino at a minimum. Likely could have extended Horvat for closer to $7m at that point as well.

Yes, and again...........it is not only what you gain in assets, but what you gain in Cap.............as I have been saying for the past 3 years

• Cheers 1

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

I wouldn't mind Filip Hronek and a pick. Or a 1st  to increase 1OA odds in the lottery.

this I would consider a home run, I doubt Yzerman does it, he seems too crafty Hroneck would be the partner we want for Hughes, I am doubtful Detroit is in the mix unless Larkin has told them he is not re-signing. Let would obviously not be just renting bo for this year 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

My first thought was "Why?"  

He hasn't even started his 7-year, $8 million a season contract.  Is he really worth that at his age? 

Look at the contracts GMs sign around the league every season.

They’re always willing to accept long term pain if it increases their chance of winning in the short term.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

this I would consider a home run, I doubt Yzerman does it, he seems too crafty Hroneck would be the partner we want for Hughes, I am doubtful Detroit is in the mix unless Larkin has told them he is not re-signing. Let would obviously not be just renting bo for this year 

I meant something like this:
Hroneck + 2nd <-> Miller
1st <-> Miller

Bo is worth more than Miller IMO, except for he's not already signed. Teams looking at Bo at TDL would be treating it as a rental. Miller is already signed.

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Look at the contracts GMs sign around the league every season.

They’re always willing to accept long term pain if it increases their chance of winning in the short term.

Totally. A legit chance at the cup blinds them

Most GMs won't even be around by the time miller's contract ends

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The real question (IMHAO) is whether our owner will allow a trade of either Miller or Bo.  Unless management can show there is a clear plan to make the club better now with a trade I can’t see our owner allowing it.  

Yeah let’s keep them and stay in the basement… you make no sense with this narrative.

14 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

I meant something like this:
Hroneck + 2nd <-> Miller
1st <-> Miller

Bo is worth more than Miller IMO, except for he's not already signed. Teams looking at Bo at TDL would be treating it as a rental. Miller is already signed.

I think Bo will have two markets: the teams who see him as a rental and the teams who want to sign him long term.  Not too sure which group will offer more.  But if there is a first involved then the second group would very likely be a higher pick.  

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Yeah let’s keep them and stay in the basement… you make no sense with this narrative.

Not my story.  Talk to our owner.  He’s been conveying this direction since he bough5 the club.  It’s actually the only view of things that makes any sense.  You may disagree with the owner’s direction, which is fine, but that’s not going to change the plan management follows.  

7 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Totally. A legit chance at the cup blinds them

Most GMs won't even be around by the time miller's contract ends

This group has two years left in their three year contracts.  They’ve been hired to win with this core, and in three years (two years are left) 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not my story.  Talk to our owner.  He’s been conveying this direction since he bough5 the club.  It’s actually the only view of things that makes any sense.  You may disagree with the owner’s direction, which is fine, but that’s not going to change the plan management follows.  

Umm he wants a winner not a basement dweller, currently they are no where close.