To NYR:

Miller (50% retained for this year) + Luke Schenn

To VAN:

Braden Schneider

- NYR has the cap space

- Schneider is behind Trouba and Fox on RD for NYR

- Schenn replaces Schneider at 3RD for their playoff push

- We get Hughes future partner, and the cap space to resign Bo and Kuzmenko

They have the cap space this year. They don’t going forward.  Also, it’s rumoured that Schneider was a non starter for Miller last season. I doubt that’s changed now that they can’t afford to keep him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

To NYR:

To VAN:

Braden Schneider

- NYR has the cap space

I think the Rags need to add.  It would be Lafrenierre and Schneider.  That’s more a fair trade. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

They have the cap space this year. They don’t going forward.  Also, it’s rumoured that Schneider was a non starter for Miller last season. I doubt that’s changed now that they can’t afford to keep him 

image.gif.56f61aadd4f928af8b87e3ff3eb56ce6.gif

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

To NYR:

To VAN:

Braden Schneider

- NYR has the cap space

Schneider is untouchable 21 RD - 6'2 --Future #2 D MAN...

Should be happy to just unload Miller at this point? Canucks would of had best offers last season.

Chytil 23 - 6'3 C --GP 33-- 21 points should be #2 C-- Othmann 20 - LW U20 GP7 - PTS 6 -- --Skinner  21 - 6'2 RD

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Schneider is untouchable 21 RD - 6'2 --Future #2 D MAN...

Should be happy to just unload Miller at this point? Canucks would of had best offers last season.

Chytil 23 - 6'3 C --GP 33-- 21 points should be #2 C-- Othmann 20 - LW U20 GP7 - PTS 6 -- --Skinner  21 - 6'2 RD

Trouba and Fox are locked up for 4 and 7 years. When will Schneider get to be the #2D there?

• Like 1

Just now, jyu said:

I'd ask for their 1st in return whether it's for 2023, 2024, or even 2025. They have one more to spare from Lundqvist trade. 

For sure, just thinking about our management’s focus on twenty something NHL ready players as the return. 

2 minutes ago, Kuzy said:

If we're trading him to NYR, I'd love to get Othmann back. Plays that in your face, hard nosed, annoying brand hockey. Also a true goal scorer - put up 50 last year in the O.

image.png.779369e83319190d309b469a410abd03.png

I liked number 20 on our team.  Big, skilled, and brought some nasty.  Who drafted him?  

lol i find these proposal entertaining.. ppl throwing miller here miller there without even looking at how a team can even afford to keep him next season without blowing up their whole team.. if miller didn't extend yet? maybe.. now that miller have extended.. there's not that many contenders that can afford his 8mil next season without blowing off one of their core players.. but it's ok they will go all in with miller this season and if they don't win they can blow up their team to keep miller next season.

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol i find these proposal entertaining.. ppl throwing miller here miller there without even looking at how a team can even afford to keep him next season without blowing up their whole team.. if miller didn't extend yet? maybe.. now that miller have extended.. there's not that many contenders that can afford his 8mil next season without blowing off one of their core players.. but it's ok they will go all in with miller this season and if they don't win they can blow up their team to keep miller next season.

Happy GIF

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Rangers ship sailed when they signed Trocheck, they've got UFA's and RFA's to extend and not a whole lot of cap flex regarding their larger deals 

If Miller didn't have the extension coming that'd be one thing but they don't have room for his incoming 8M per 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

They have $16.8M projected cap space, and K’Andre Miller is their biggest RFA. Looks like they have room to me. 

• There it is 1

10 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

They have $16.8M projected cap space, and K’Andre Miller is their biggest RFA. Looks like they have room to me. 

Thats with 13 roster players signed.  Add JT Miller $8M and K’Andre Miller at very team friendly rate of $2M.  That leaves $6.8M to sign 7-8 roster players. Would think Laffy and Chytil need raises.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BPA said:

Thats with 13 roster players signed.  Add JT Miller $8M and K’Andre Miller at very team friendly rate of $2M.  That leaves $6.8M to sign 7-8 roster players. Would think Laffy and Chytil need raises.

They going to fill their team with league minimal player and run with the minimal 20 player roster obviously. And if those rfa won’t take league minimum they would trade them all just to fit miller of course they have plenty of cap to fit in miller. Anyone that say otherwise is clueless duh 

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

And most of that will go right back into their roster, I don't think it'll fit. I think Chytil will get more than you're expecting, probably Miller too. Maybe a backup costs them a similar amount, maybe more. I'd assume Laffy gets a raise if he's still there, perhaps Kravtsov too. 

I could see them maybe looking for a forward up front but I don't see them taking on Miller's 8M. If the cap remains stagnant I could see them finding someone via UFA. New York sells itself. 

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

They going to fill their team with league minimal player and run with the minimal 20 player roster obviously. And if those rfa won’t take league minimum they would trade them all just to fit miller of course they have plenty of cap to fit in miller. Anyone that say otherwise is clueless duh 

Unimpressed Not Funny GIF