The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, GB5 said:

Some say that plus minus is a misleading stat but anyone who watched this game would easily understand why Myers and OEL were both -3.

Both guys are completely lost out there, scratch them both net game.

Exactly. Also factor in that these guys are paid 6 mil and 8 mil respectively. Comparing them against their one and two mil teammates only serves to show how pathetic their performance truly is. OEL must be the most untradeable player in the NHL. Vancouver couldn’t giveaway enough players and picks to get rid of this guy.  Not that he would leave in any event. Of all the Benning blunders, of which there are many, he is the worst. That they actually pursued this superannuated old fart is entirely incomprehensible. He is truly awful piked on top of he doesn’t give a crap - he is only here to collect his pension- the second coming of Eriksson.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, I ran 10k in the rain through muddy trails this morn.

Soo, the game was actually a lot nicer than that.

.'...always look on the briiight side of life..'

Sadly, the bright side of life lies on the other side of getting rid of OEL.

• Like 2

Just now, Zerofaith said:

Who actually tunes in expecting this team to win anymore. Lack of effort, commitment and communication is this teams identity. 

When you have your highest paid vets just putting in retirement time, it gets real hard to motivate the rest. With the guys the Canucks are stuck with, I can’t see why Pettersson, Demko, Hughes, Horvat and Kuzmenko would want to stay.

• Vintage 1

I want Bedard but the math I just made up makes sense and I can't argue with it.

#57 + #23 + #6 + #5 = #91

Leo Carlsson is # 91 so keep playing or trade Myers, OEL, Boeser and the unknown present of Poolman =  Carlsson.

Edited by GB5