The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I got a question. I know we're allowed to pull our goalie for an extra attacker, but are we allowed to pull an attacker for an extra goalie? 

You get to blame the goalie AFTER the team provides some coverage. What was there tonight, a dozen outmanned opportunities? OEL looked like needed a pillow out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

I want Bedard but the math I just made up makes sense and I can't argue with it.

#57 + #23 + #6 + #5 = #91

Leo Carlsson is # 91 so keep playing or trade Myers, OEL, Boeser and the unknown present of Poolman =  Carlsson.

And bedard is 98. So minus 91 we have 7. Also the amount of years till he hits free agency and signs with us. 

#MeantToBe :lol::towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Exactly. Also factor in that these guys are paid 6 mil and 8 mil respectively. Comparing them against their one and two mil teammates only serves to show how pathetic their performance truly is. OEL must be the most untradeable player in the NHL. Vancouver couldn’t giveaway enough players and picks to get rid of this guy.  Not that he would leave in any event. Of all the Benning blunders, of which there are many, he is the worst. That they actually pursued this superannuated old fart is entirely incomprehensible. He is truly awful piked on top of he doesn’t give a crap - he is only here to collect his pension- the second coming of Eriksson.

Kind of disgusting that he can walk away with 19 million for being a really crappy Dman. What other job can you not get fired, and get paid out in millions$$ for doing your job badly?

• There it is 1

I think JB thought he was finally fixing our d when he signed Myers and traded for OEL.  

Really good d are so hard to come by. If there available Ufa then you gotta give a huge /long contract.

We really should have a policy this year to draft only d. 

Can we get anything for Woo? Doesn't appear to be panning out. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Kind of disgusting that he can walk away with 19 million for being a really crappy Dman. What other job can you not get fired, and get paid out in millions$$ for doing your job badly?

We can’t even trad3 or demote him, can we? About the worst we can do is feed him pretzels and beer in the press box.

1 minute ago, erkayloomeh said:

I think JB thought he was finally fixing our d when he signed Myers and traded for OEL.  

Really good d are so hard to come by. If there available Ufa then you gotta give a huge /long contract.

We really should have a policy this year to draft only d. 

Can we get anything for Woo? Doesn't appear to be panning out. 

I would have much rather signed a UFA D man to a long deal than trading for OEL….

At least we wouldn’t have given up a top 10 pick and been stuck with a guy they’re already talking about buying out.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

One thing I am not worried about is our mid first round pick.

I just wish we still had good old Jimbo. He had a talent for picking busteroos like nobody's business

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rubik said:

wish we still had good old Jimbo. He had a talent for picking busteroos like nobody's business

Hughes and Gorton have Benning beat, and by a lot.  Lafrenierre, Kakko, Kravtsov, Anderson with the Rags and Slafkoski with the Habs. All top ten picks and two 1OA.  

• Cheers 1

You rarely win a game, when you concede 7 goals...

Didn't see much of Lockwood, which was disappointing... Love his tenacity... Give him more time, as he at least tries hard.

Not much to be writing home about except the Canucks did twice come back from 2 goals down... hard to watch....:sadno:

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

4 goals usually enough to win most NHL games, but not if you give up 7.

Canucks have plenty of offense, but are woefully inadequate defensively.

And it is team defense which is the problem... and from my perspective, it is the automatic 'collapse to the net' which is one of the main culprits.

There is never any challenge to the points of the opposing team... so the puck gets passed back and forth like its a powerplay.

The Canuck forwards are so close to the net in their own zone they can't challenge... and the other team has plenty of time to find the open man.

Until the team forwards start to stay closer to the pointmen and force the opponent's to force their passes and hurry up, there will be no change.

Nailed it!

Watching this style of team defense (if you can call 7 goals against defense) is driving me batsh*t crazy.

It's not working so please change it.

The system is flawed. 

The fact we are leading the league in shorthanded goals against tells you something is wrong in that department.

Lastly how can this team offer so many odd man rushes? Is that a team defense issue? A bonehead defender issue or a  lazy forward issue?

• Vintage 4