The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Rubik said:

Sabres here, that's one hell of an entertaining team, I hope they'll make it and will be donning their goathead jerseys in april.

Couple of their guys are on my fantasy team, so I keep a bit of an eye on them.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Woo is playing all right this year in Abby, all of the D are. Wolanin is second overall in AHL scoring as a D and first among D’s. Abby plays with structure and everybody plays hard every night. They are far more entertaining to watch than Vancouver, even after we have taken their top forwards: Dries, Pederson and Lockwood. Podkolzin and Hoglander are getting back their confidence and working really hard every shift. It i# good for them to be there rather than in this tire fire here.

He's 22.  Times going to run out for him pretty soon. 

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

i'm still astonished Benning drafted Virtanen instead of Ehlers.... unreal.

And he's playing there for 6M/year......less than Brock....:(

I can live with that one.

Juolevi over Tkachuk was not the right decision at the time.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Think you’ll get your wish for the rest of January. Looks like 4 wins in the next 10.

I was being sarcastic. I’d rather see them win, I feel really sorry for the guys that are trying. It must be miserable as hell to be playing with high paid vets just stamping their time cards and bringing their pillows to work. Seems OEL doesn’t want to relocate, but if he really doesn’t care to put in an effort, at least he could find a way onto the LTIR. He could get his dough, not have to move hi# family, and we could replace him. He plays like he has a bad left knee anyway, at least he could make it official.

• Vintage 1

Random thoughts on Win 7 Van 4

1. This team needs to rid itself of both Myers and OEL. They are both warriors who give it everything they have. Unfortunately, everything they have is nothing like what it was four or five years ago. I don't know how Allvin and Company will manage to get rid of both of them, but this team is going nowhere with those two guys as your top two.

2. Horvat is a great shooter and goal scorer. He is not a good forechecker or backchecker and he doesn't make it hard for the other team to dominate. I'd trade him tomorrow if somebody made a legitimate offer.

3. I wonder if the constant line juggling is helpful. I'd like to see some lines stick together for a few games to see if they can develop chemistry. I'd love to see what Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko, and Miller-Horvat-Boeser could do if they were set lines for more than half a period.

4. I understand that people are down on the defence, but the forwards aren't exactly making life easier for the defencemen. Most of them seem transfixed by watching the puck instead of the open man.

5. I like the line of Studnicka-Joshua-Lazar. They don't score much but they never take a shift off.

6. Goaltending is not the problem. Team defence is.

7. Bruce looks like the captain if the Titanic. He knows the ship is going down and there doesn't seem to be much he can do about it.

8. Will somebody, anybody, take JT off our hands? Will cost far too much for far too little.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6th in the division- every team above us has been better than us over the last 10 games

wild card race-every team above us has been better than us in the last 10 games.

Of all the teams above us in league standings- only one has been worse, and 2 have tied us, over the last ten games

edit - for a bit more accuracy.

Edited by Gurn

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I can live with that one.

Juolevi over Tkachuk was not the right decision at the time.

I remember 650 talking about the Gillis’ rebuild plan had him eyeing Larkin in that Virtanen draft.  Bo and Larkin as our 1-2 centres.  Our owner messed up. 

5 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

He's 22.  Times going to run out for him pretty soon. 

Not so much on D. According to management, our top prospect on D is Johansson, and I think he’s 26. Wolanin looked to me like he should have made the Canucks out of camp and is having a breakout season, second overall in scoring in the AHL. he’s 27. Lots of D come out of junior with ample offence, but only a few get the defensive game until they aged a while in the minors. Consider here guys like Chatfield, Connaughton and the like.

• Vintage 1

That non-call against Dubois for the octopus grab on Pettersson should have been called.

I hate it when Refs decide they need to interfere or restrain their calls because one side or another is getting too many PP opportunities.

There had just been a call on another player for fouling Pettersson, and the Canucks had been given three PP's, so they decide not to call Dubois... and then it results in a goal.

Complete cr*p... I hope Allvin sends a complaint to the league.

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

That non-call against Dubois for the octopus grab on Pettersson should have been called.

I hate it when Refs decide they need to interfere or restrain their calls because one side or another is getting too many PP opportunities.

There had just been a call on another player for fouling Pettersson, and the Canucks had been given three PP's, so they decide not to call Dubois... and then it results in a goal.

Complete cr*p... I hope Allvin sends a complaint to the league.

Ya right it was the refs  fault. And Alvin is gonna complain to the league. Get a grip on reality.

Edited by aqua59
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1