The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Kuzmenko to NYR

10 minutes ago, hammertime said:

They wouldnt do Miller for this guy last year. Why would they do Kuzz for him?

Younger/in his prime, lowest possible

cost, more potential upside, great attitude… 

They also keep their firsts and cap space if they want to try for Kane/Tarasenko. It’s a unique opportunity that no other teams can offer them: a near PPG player, in his prime, on an ELC.

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, hammertime said:

They wouldnt do Miller for this guy last year. Why would they do Kuzz for him?

The caveat to this is we probably wanted more than just Schneider for Miller 

I mean, the rumoured package was Chytil, Lundqvist and a 1st which sounds pretty damn good now 

Collectively you'd think that was worth more than just Schneider 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I think we'd need a bit more back if we were trading Schenn too imo, I think he's also got some really nice trade value given his cap hit 

I'd do Kuzmenko for Schneider though

Maybe I'm a bit off with the value but let's say Kuzmenko and Schenn for Schneider and a 2nd or 3rd, probably a 3rd  

I think Kuzmenko could return a 1st if he keeps this up 

I'm open to retaining Schenn as I don't disagree with the argument folks make for keeping him, but I'm also open to trading him, if including him in such a deal got us a young RD in Schneider I'd do it 

Even if Schneider tops out as a #3-4D that'd be fine with me, we need to find a way to get younger on the back end and we've little in the way of RD in our system 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The caveat to this is we probably wanted more than just Schneider for Miller 

I mean, the rumoured package was Chytil, Lundqvist and a 1st which sounds pretty damn good now 

Collectively you'd think that was worth more than just Schneider 

Thought Sat Shah said that the Canucks would have done Schneider for Miller 1-for-1 but it was never available.  Schneider is considered untouchable.  Trouba has a modified NTC on the final 2 years of his deal.  Schneider is also only 21 - when Trouba comes off the books he will be 24.  Seems like a pretty well timed transition between Trouba/Schneider.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Thought Sat Shah said that the Canucks would have done Schneider for Miller 1-for-1 but it was never available.  Schneider is considered untouchable.  Trouba has a modified NTC on the final 2 years of his deal.  Schneider is also only 21 - when Trouba comes off the books he will be 24.  Seems like a pretty well timed transition between Trouba/Schneider.

I don't disagree about the timing 

As for Miller one for one, I don't recall hearing that but that doesn't mean it didn't happen 

@aGENT does that ring a bell? You were on the Schneider train too

10 minutes ago, mll said:

Makes sense that Trouba would slide to the third pair at the end of his contract. He’ll be 30 or so, and maybe ready for less minutes. 

Maybe this return is enough, maybe it’s not, but everyone is trade-able in the right conditions. NYR is sitting in a wildcard spot halfway through season…they have more incentive to make a trade than most. Same with the Penguins and Islanders. 

Edited by Kenny Powers

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

First priority is to resign him. If he declines an extension:

I suspect Kuz is interested in signing an extension.

The only question is what dollar/term and will management low-ball him like they apparently did BoHo?  His production easily compares to a +/- 6.5mil/per deal right now so.....

As for the deal - I'd do it in a heartbeat, but as mentioned, if Schneider were on the table I suspect it'd already have happened by now.  I don't think Schneider is 'untouchable' as others have mentioned, but I don't think that deal alone gets him since he's a full-time player for them in a hard-to-find position not to mention he's full-time contributor while on ELC which is worth gold in today's NHL. 

Not mentioned much here, but so many people believe Schneider's not on the table - I'm wondering if K'Andre could be available and if so, what would that take?  He's coming off his ELC this year and would need to be re-signed - with what so many young guys are getting paid these days - do the Rags have that kind of money/desire to invest in his next contract? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

I suspect Kuz is interested in signing an extension.

The only question is what dollar/term and will management low-ball him like they apparently did BoHo?  His production easily compares to a +/- 6.5mil/per deal right now so.....

As for the deal - I'd do it in a heartbeat, but as mentioned, if Schneider were on the table I suspect it'd already have happened by now.  I don't think Schneider is 'untouchable' as others have mentioned, but I don't think that deal alone gets him since he's a full-time player for them in a hard-to-find position not to mention he's full-time contributor while on ELC which is worth gold in today's NHL. 

Not mentioned much here, but so many people believe Schneider's not on the table - I'm wondering if K'Andre could be available and if so, what would that take?  He's coming off his ELC this year and would need to be re-signed - with what so many young guys are getting paid these days - do the Rags have that kind of money/desire to invest in his next contract? 

I'd reckon not, the Rangers may be loaded down the right side but they don't have as much on the left. Miller and Lindgren round out their top four, and Miller's actually second on the Rangers D with 20 points in 41 games thus far at age 22. At 6'5" he also gives them some size alongside Trouba (6'3") and Harpur (6'6"). He's worth signing imo, and if they're reluctant to move Schneider I reckon they'd be reluctant to move him too. 

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I don't disagree about the timing 

As for Miller one for one, I don't recall hearing that but that doesn't mean it didn't happen 

@aGENT does that ring a bell? You were on the Schneider train too

I don't recall any 1 for 1 rumours, no.

• Cheers 1

I like K.Miller and Schneider, would love to get one of those guys.

I like the deal, but I don’t think Rags do it.

7 hours ago, mll said:

I remember they wouldn’t do Miller for Schneider, but rather Horvat for Schneider.

Also they offer Lundkvist, Chytill and a 1st for Miller. Man what a deal that would’ve been for us, wasn’t into this deal at the time. However Chytill and Lundvist look pretty good, can’t get greedy and miss out on these opportunities with Bo.

All speculation though.

6 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

any other defensive defensemen under 25 we might land with Kuz? 

He’s already in the SHL. Johansson.

I know what you’re saying though and honestly I have no clue. They are extremely hard to get when they are young. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the defencemen we acquire will be no one anyone has been talking about. It will be a surprise to most. 

10 minutes ago, Devron said:

He’s already in the SHL. Johansson.

I know what you’re saying though and honestly I have no clue. They are extremely hard to get when they are young. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the defencemen we acquire will be no one anyone has been talking about. It will be a surprise to most. 

Haha, yep. Or we’ll just draft another of our own with the late 1st we get in a trade. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Haha, yep. Or we’ll just draft another of our own with the late 1st we get in a trade. 

Most likely the best way to do it. Then we just got to wait 5 years lol. Gonna take some magic to fix that blueline