The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boeser to Minnesota

6 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

If only we could spin back the clock and get the all star brock we had before. 

really sad how things have gone.

Brock needs Arnie following him around and telling him to:

image.gif.c687e0ea7a704e41fe4af9901a414ea4.gif  Brock needs to lean down to the weight he came in at 195. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dumba's got a 10 team NTC, I question whether we'd be on it or not. He's not what I'd want in a top 4RD. 

If the idea was to acquire him and flip him elsewhere I'd be interested though, assuming he'd be willing to come here and assuming Minnesota had interest in Boeser. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Dumba's got a 10 team NTC, I question whether we'd be on it or not. He's not what I'd want in a top 4RD. 

If the idea was to acquire him and flip him elsewhere I'd be interested though, assuming he'd be willing to come here and assuming Minnesota had interest in Boeser. 

He is UFA after this season, so he can choose to go wherever he wants after. I wouldn't want to resign him next season anyways.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, bones said:

He is UFA after this season, so he can choose to go wherever he wants after. I wouldn't want to resign him next season anyways.

Yup.  Your proposal clears almost all of Brock’s cap after this year, so we can then allocate those cap dollars to Bo and Kuz Missile.  Great trade idea. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, bones said:

I'd be fine giving up Brock to simply clear his cap space, that'd be a win at this point

Yeah, he's probably got more value and his production hasn't been terrible despite his lack of goal scoring, but we could flip him out, sell Dumba for assets, and use that cap space to either sign our own players, improve our D, or take on someone else's bad contract for even more assets

I'd rather do the latter if we can take someone's short term headache for the rest of the season or for this season and next

I'm all about accumulating assets at this point

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, bones said:

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Vancouver trades: 

Brock Boeser retain 0.685m

Jack Rathbone

Minnesota trades

Matt Dumba

David Spacek

Minnesota gets to bring Brock home and a young D

Vancouver gets a young RD with a big shot and an expiring contract to even out the numbers.

Beer Ok GIF by BuschNow we just need to the WILD on board with this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

If only we could spin back the clock and get the all star brock we had before. 

really sad how things have gone.

yup...what a great start...and him and Petey was such a combo....then one injury...and that was it.....

• Sad 1
  • There it is 1

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Basically get Spacek out of the deal and cap space. Dumba can walk. Good enough for me 

• Upvote 2
  • There it is 2

Like the Spacek move, his value must have sky-rocketted after that tournament and Rathbone's is probably an all-time low right now.

I really hope there's a deal to be made 1-for-1 with Boeser and a top-4 defenceman. I think Dumba or Severson are absolutely available. We'd shed a bit of cap so could retain some if need-be, and then with their contracts expiring, can decide what to do in the off-season. Most likely we'd need to resign them to a cheaper deal. 

Ideally we flip Myers to someone but we'd have to take a fair bit of cap back obviously. There are teams interested. I wonder if Ottawa is the best landing spot - they're not happy with Zaitsev and could use some help on D, I could really see Myers going there. They've got cap space but have about 10M in extensions hitting next year but a lot coming off the books. I know they just re-signed Zub but he'd be a great fit in our top-4, we'd have to upgrade Myers a lot though.

Myers + 2nd for Zub, that enough?

• Like 1