The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday January 10 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 4pm PT/7pm ET - PPG Paints Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Normally I’d say no, but this year, if anyone could pull off the moves necessary to secure the Bedard pick, it’s Burkie.

(Would also be a cool for the twins to be a part of pulling something like that off.)

1 hour ago, Connor McDooDoo said:

Say we finish where we are in the standings, who would we possibly give up to get him?

We’d have to be giving up Pettersson and possibly Hughes just as the base of the deal. Our top 10 pick, and a prospect.

We probably don’t need to give up that much if we finish with a top 5 pick, and definitely a lot less if we finish top 3 (unlikely unless we win 2nd/3rd on the lottery)

Massive difference between one Sedin and Bedard. The whole team plus 5 first rounders might not be enough.

I don't think any GM is dumb enough to trade him unless we see something unparalleled in sports history.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Dont need to buy him out, we just need to give him 1 role and let him stick to it.

Last year, his commandment was be a shutdown defenseman, and he did it admirably.

This year, he's being asked to drive offence, pinch more aggressively, and be a threat in transition, and he's putting up 0.5ppg. 

If he and Myers are paired up, let them do what they did last year, and be a shutdown pair. If he's paired with someone less chaotic, let him drive offence. 

You are just making too much damn sense these days 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Devron said:

I mean there were worse years. Torts year we were lucky to score 2 goals 

I was at one of the games we scored more than 2, Mike Sullivan was coaching, then I went to the Heritage Classic and yeaahh we all know how that went. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I was at one of the games we scored more than 2, Mike Sullivan was coaching, then I went to the Heritage Classic and yeaahh we all know how that went. 

Then Torts went on to win Coach of the Year and Sullivan the Cup.

Meanwhile in Vancity, things are the same. If only ...

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1