The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

new logo idea

Rate this topic

kenhodgejr

I saw this shape and it got me thinking it could make a good logo for the Canucks. I think its better to have a logo with the first letter of the city like a V for Vancouver instead of a C for Canucks. Most teams have the letter represent the city not the team name. I did this in chalk of my kids chalk board. I dont have skills in graphic design and Im sure ill get roasted for this and for putting it up in Canucks talk but I just wanted to float the idea in case it sticks. If anyone is good at graphic design could you please play around with this idea and come up with some concepts. If the team gets rebuilt the brand should also. The fans deserve a new start 

logo canucks .JPG

canucks logo idea.JPG

• Cheers 1

The original idea came from some old Mexican plate, I know that style of art doesnt have much to do with our region but I think Mexican art design is based off peoples visions while doing mushrooms, and we have lots of mushrooms in BC  edit. Also first nations art may have been positively influenced by mushrooms also .

mexican plate .JPG

Edited by kenhodgejr

we could rebrand johnny canuck as a tree loving hippy who takes mushrooms, smokes pot, and gets along with everyone. We could even give him dreadlocks -  instead of the logger/ woodsman that he is now. Other NHL mascots are going in different directions. Johnny Canuck could represent BC Bud culture and just be super chill 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Haha 2

Instead of Mexican we'd have an indigenous Canadian design something with the V. 

It'd have to be thoroughly modern in design, which may be challenging using genuine native elements but as a former designer, I believe it entirely possible. I know most have grown to dislike the Orca, but I liked the intent and general application of native design.

• Like 1

this logo idea is based off the Canucks existing logo except remove the Johnny Canuck face and have two hockey sticks included in the V. Following the less is more idea. Would be nice if someone could re do the logo idea on a computer for me 

canucks logo 2.jpg

v logo canucks.png

11 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

this logo idea is based off the Canucks existing logo except remove the Johnny Canuck face and have two hockey sticks included in the V. Following the less is more idea. Would be nice if someone could re do the logo idea on a computer for me 

v logo canucks.png

Never go full Vachon Cakes.

On 1/10/2023 at 10:57 AM, kenhodgejr said:

we could rebrand johnny canuck as a tree loving hippy who takes mushrooms, smokes pot, and gets along with everyone. We could even give him dreadlocks -  instead of the logger/ woodsman that he is now. Other NHL mascots are going in different directions. Johnny Canuck could represent BC Bud culture and just be super chill 

like this? only in canuck colours

52340174_2203463263250060_6808766698926112768_n.jpg

• Like 1