The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] For the Love of God Do Anything…

I genuinely don’t care what they do, the entire team is in shambles waiting for moves to end their misery and nothing happens.

We need to move a couple players and with the extra ice time available try to restore the value of other guys like Garland and Boeser.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Hey, I know that I make a lot of proposals............

But I think it is important to not just jump at anything we get offered

Let's do this with focus and clarity............with a plan!

Not just do "anything"!

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

35 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Hey, I know that I make a lot of proposals............

But I think it is important to not just jump at anything we get offered

Let's do this with focus and clarity............with a plan!

Not just do "anything"!

Nope… definitely jump

Jumping Why Does It Always Rain On Me GIF by Travis

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Provost said:

I genuinely don’t care what they do, the entire team is in shambles waiting for moves to end their misery and nothing happens.

We need to move a couple players and with the extra ice time available try to restore the value of other guys like Garland and Boeser.

Maybe that's the plan.  The team is tanking, why make a change that could potentially light a fire under them...

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe that's the plan.  The team is tanking, why make a change that could potentially light a fire under them...

I don't know about tanking as a plan, but why pay another intern coach when you have all time leading NHL coach on payroll ? (He isn't the problem)

The team won't make the playoffs or cup this year, may as well ride it out, we know BB is gone, and they will see character of guys that actually want to win and keep a job with the Canucks.

If the players want to be on a winning "team" let them play as one, instead of what looks like individuals, No one blocks or commits with intensity

Now that Christmas is over, we may see some action between now and the start of next season (hopefully)

@Ballisticsports.

I was trying to count how many hockey players I have played with or coached, over a very long time.............I would think, well over 1000, and the one thing that rings true is that you can not teach," heart". IMO "heart" is what makes a player lay down in front shot, or gut out a back check. Some have it and some do not. There are countless players of all skill levels, with many reaching the very top of ameteur play, but skill may get them there, but it is heart that keeps them there and separates, the winners from the losers.

I say this because, I think the Canucks have many skilled players, but I question their heart. Gutting out a back check, blocking a shot, skating hard for a line change, paying attention to defensive detail, going to tough area's.............that is all heart, it is what we are lacking, and what is making us loose games.

I mention "attention to defensive details" as a heart issue, but by my standing, working hard, not just in the offensive zone, but in the neutral zone, and in our own zone, is just that. Trust me, when I say, these guys have seen every defensive scheme known to man, by the time they reach the pros. They have played in them and against them, and they know how to break them down.

But, you have to have heart, you have to care, you have to show integrity to fellow team-mates, game in game out..............this is what separates us from Boston, who to a man, goes out and shows their heart, and love of team.

This is where so many Canucks fall down. Not in their skill, but their heart. And it is God given and not in every player has it, and it can not just be taught. It is in their core being............yes systems can be taught, but if you don't care about the system, or you take short cuts........it is your heart or lack of, that separates them from those that do have it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I wish they were tanking. Right now they win just enough to keep hovering around that .500 mark (or just slightly below). At this point it almost seems like they're content to just hang around in no-man's land forever. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wish they were tanking. Right now they win just enough to keep hovering around that .500 mark (or just slightly below). At this point it almost seems like they're content to just hang around in no-man's land forever. 

The players will never try to lose, but management has to know that it’s best for the team this season. It’s probably why they aren’t trying to salvage the season by acquiring a temporary goalie, or trading futures for help now. They’ve said our picks aren’t for sale, and that we want to recoup our 2024 2nd. I think they get it, and, without any changes, we’ll likely end up bottom 5 regardless (improving our lottery odds by a couple %). Trading productive players like Bo will accelerate this.  

I’m impatient for change also, but we might be witnessing a forced rebuild, in spite of what management calls it.  

A dumpster fire by any other name…

21 hours ago, Provost said:

You're asking too much lol. 

20 hours ago, Fanuck said:

At this point I'm wondering if/when Aquaman gives the green light to become buyers :ph34r:?  

Ok... you called my bluff.

Don't do "anything"... do something towards a rebuild.

You are probably right though.  I hear that Kane guy from Chicago was a hell of a player, maybe we can unload Petterson for him.