The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report - LeBrun] Canucks will try to re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko as trade interest grows

Ted Lasso

The Vancouver Canucks will attempt to re-sign surging forward Andrei Kuzmenko before trading him amid interest from teams across the league, LeBrun reported on Tuesday.

The team is "expected to open contract talks soon with Kuzmenko," according to LeBrun, adding the 26-year-old could be staring down a bridge contract worth north of $6 million per season.

"There haven’t been any contract negotiations, although the expectation is that should happen within the month here. But what’s interesting, of course, is that teams are calling," LeBrun said Tuesday on TSN's "Insider Trading."

• There it is 2

LeBrun is suggesting we’ll enter negotiations this month, giving us all of February to find a trade partner if needed. 

A 2-3 year bridge deal north of $6M seems reasonable. If not, Kuz and Bo have the best potential to net us a RHD

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Can't lose on this really. Either we extend a promising player who fits well with Petey, or we get a haul of assets for a solid top 6 player with almost no cap hit to contenders.

Win, win.

I'm still more interested to see how they solve the Miller/Horvat/Garland/Boeser/Myers situations.

Wonder which domino falls first…

18 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

6+ seems high given he’s a first year player.

year 1 5 mill

year 2 5.5 mill

that seems reasonable to me if a bridge deal is made.  otherwise trade him

For a bridge, I'd tend to agree. On a longer deal, I think over 6M is reasonable.

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Unfortunately, this means that something's gotta go. One of: Garland, Boeser, and/or Pearson will have to be traded.

Yes, but not sure how unfortunate it is, trade Boeser sign Kuz is a no brainer.

Edited by aliboy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Love to see him Re-signed. Him and Bo personally. I get it, Bo is our legit chance at a huge haul. Outside the obvious Petey, Hughes, Demko. I don’t really care who’s traded as long as we get some cap relief and or assets

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1