The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday January 12 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 4pm PT/7pm ET - Amalie Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

GA stat tells the tale. A full goal per game poorer than TBay. Worst PK in the NHL. At least the chances of another aborted playoff run isn't in the cards. Hoping that Seattle takes Miller or Horvat in exchange for Shane Wright + their 1st rdr + a prospect. Get it done Allvin. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

I feel like one of the worst jobs within this organization right now would have to be the Canucks social media team. Imagine how creative and emotionally numb you have to be to somehow try and find new exciting ways to hype up this team and fanbase. It's kinda cringe right now, but what else are they supposed to do, right. 

Especially with our owner breathing down their necks insisting on supporting his insisted upon direction. 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

I feel like one of the worst jobs within this organization right now would have to be the Canucks social media team. Imagine how creative and emotionally numb you have to be to somehow try and find new exciting ways to hype up this team and fanbase. It's kinda cringe right now, but what else are they supposed to do, right. 

I full on team tank now, there's really no reason for us to push and somehow pull off a miracle, all we're gonna do is lower our draft slot.

#rockhardforbedard.....go Lightning. I'd be pretty happy with a top 3 pick honestly....this team needs it. 

Yup, least i get to make fun of it to keep my sanity.

And do other dumb stuff

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

I full on team tank now, there's really no reason for us to push and somehow pull off a miracle, all we're gonna do is lower our draft slot.

#rockhardforbedard.....go Lightning. I'd be pretty happy with a top 3 pick honestly....this team needs it. 

I was thinking about this as well. What cool slogan will they come up with next to get the fanbase excited again? What the heck can they possibly say? It would be a tough job.

"Our Pursuit...of Conor Bedard"

• Cheers 1

This is mostly me hand-counting the schedule, but plenty of volatility left for the Bedard Bowl.

There's a few ways to look at it

a) San jose, the habs and sens have the least games against other bedards bowlers so they are less likely to win more games as they play tougher opponents but then are also less likely to give points to the other bowlers.

b) Canucks, chicago, anaheim and arizona are the big shakers, with a big losing streak by any of them against other bedard bowlers likely to boost their rivals and put them in prime position

c) Kinda meaningless as teams will beat non-bedard teams and go on streaks anyway (chicago beat calgary and are on a 2-game streak)

image.png.d1a92cc0eed9f26e9796cb2d7a9e73e7.png

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
s
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

image.png.8c7b6d2f3d9ce7a01efa6a0bfa44f748.png

Vancouver did not practice after the Penguins game because there's only so many ways to arrange some deckchairs. Practice this morning should tell us lines and whether Delia or Martin get to have the best view of high quality chances tonight. Horvat has scored 3 goals in his last 5, Miller 2 and Pettersson only 1.

image.thumb.png.86ca37ba41deb00ff87550ba141bfad7.png

Haha, even they've given up. They should try switching the defence and forwards for a game to see what each other are dealing with.

How are you sorting the standings ... I can't figure it out?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1