The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Tampa Bay Lightning | Jan. 12, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I understand what you're saying, I'm just disagreeing with you.  There's nothing more important than the two points, that's why they play the games and every player knows that.  I just watched the movie "Ice Guardians" and to a man, every player interviewed said the toughest thing for them to learn, after the instigator rule was put in, is when to fight and when not to fight because you never, ever put your team down a man and risk losing the two points.  There is nothing more important than the W.

Perhaps when you are vying for a play-off berth. Even then the risk is great that the players become solo. The Nucks don't need the points, they need a new, tougher, identity.

16 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Time and place 

go after him later when you play next 

or if you’re up 2 goals go for it 

Otherwise we’ll be the easiest team to bait into taking a penalty 

the real irony in this thread is that there is a group who have said, " This is not the 80s, the 80s is gone forever"

and that same group believe that the "ONLY" way to stand up for your mate is to take a penalty, and the reason you take that penalty is by resorting to 80s style justice

even the idea about taking a number, why not tell the guy you have taken his number? Is that going to net you a penalty?

why is it that this group who believe that they are talking to neanderthals cannot fathom standing up for a mate without immediately punching another player in the head?

it's ironic really

it seems the term "Stand up" is misunderstood

Derek Dorsett was the easiest bait ever

the guy took every fight, no matter the situation