The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

• BertaNuck changed the title to Coaching Change Is Near
2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So pointless to change coaches.

Like are you trying to win games? Playoffs are done. You’re not getting the players feeling good about their season like last year.

Keep riding the tank to the ground and start fresh next season. Tocchett will still be available. 

I have a feeling we'd be doing Bruce a favour by letting him go, and he probably would agree.  Don't think he would want to hold out until the last game of the season if we are in full tank mode...

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh I agree.  The summer would be the best time to hire the new coach.  Hopefully Barry Trotz agrees to come here.  We can give him an AGM role as well...

Thats the only way I see us turning this around.

Hiring Tocchett is only a slight upgrade on Green IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Let him go and promote Yeo if that’s the case.

No new hires in season. That’s how you rush to decisions. You don’t have the full landscape till the offseason.

To me that would scream of management trying to appease the fans. When all fans want right now is a high draft pick.

Yeo is the root cause of the problem.  You don't want the long-term consequences of that dirtbag being in the top spot.  He should never have been allowed anywhere near the room, but replacing Boudreau with him is simply unforgivable.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Yeo is the root cause of the problem.  You don't want the long-term consequences of that dirtbag being in the top spot.  He should never have been allowed anywhere near the room, but replacing Boudreau with him is simply unforgivable.

If it helps with the tank I could care less.

The damage is done this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

Would make no sense to change coach at this point, season is already lost. So I can totally see it happening with these idiots in charge.

Yep watch us go on a run and miss by like 6 points.

Management sees that as us being close and holds on to everyone at the deadline. Re-signs Bo and does nothing in the offseason.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep watch us go on a run and miss by like 6 points.

Management sees that as us being close and holds on to everyone at the deadline. Re-signs Bo and does nothing in the offseason.

Same thing we've been subjected too for years.

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So pointless to change coaches.

Like are you trying to win games? Playoffs are done. You’re not getting the players feeling good about their season like last year.

Keep riding the tank to the ground and start fresh next season. Tocchett will still be available. 

Thank you for being the first to say that! What a friggin joke! If we change and go on a little run, then still miss, but fall outside the bottom 7, well that is not good management.

So, you can count on it happening! Friggin Idiots!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Gross Tocchet and Yeo tandem dark days ahead. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if they hired Tony Granato too.

Their obsession with former Pittsburgh people is ridiculous. It’s like when this team kept targeting ex Medicine Hat Tigers.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1