The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Alternate Sweater leaked

Rate this topic

McBackup

20 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The new fanatics are now made in Indonesia, but the price is still ridiculously high.  I got a reverse retro 2 in Dec.  Quality is so so, but actually looks good in person. 

My pettersson reverse retro shirt is a lot better than the fanatics ones, though even it shrank a little on the cold wash/air drying. I got my daughter an authentic caps oshie jersey and it's holding up really well.

22 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The new fanatics are now made in Indonesia, but the price is still ridiculously high.  I got a reverse retro 2 in Dec.  Quality is so so, but actually looks good in person. 

Yeah I'm not talking about those ones, I'm talking about the obviously fake third party knockoffs. This honestly looks like one of those walmart jerseys. I imagine the actual adidas one will look better, but its still a downgrade from both the original skate and the current uniforms. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/13/2023 at 11:19 AM, McBackup said:

So the Fanatics website leaked their version of an "updated" Skate jersey to be released next year.

Why the Canucks felt the need to downgrade even further one of their worst jerseys I don't understand, but that fits right in with how this team is being run. 

https://twitter.com/CanucksArmy/status/1613880172301914117?s=20&t=Mbfwc9xTKAvbuBNQ_SJy7g

oxnm1xgmxrba1.jpg

Ha ha ha.   Orca.  Not well received  outside this fanbase.   Skate most love it (outside this fanbase).   Sorry but that's reality.   It's also why the Skate still means something.   These ones are probably the second worst Skate (worst of course the reverse retro sprite can one with a different logo)  i've ever seen - but still nicer then most we've had since the skate was caboshed.    And to add on that, it's the Black.   The Whites were our home jerseys, and much better.   Easier to see on TV (back then no high def) who had the puck etc, and their numbers popped.   Even one of the worst skate renditions, is better than most orca ones.  

Edited by IBatch
  • RoughGame 3

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Ha ha ha.   Orca.  Nobody outside this fanbase likes it.   Skate most love it (outside this fanbase).   Sorry but that's reality.   It's also why the Skate still means something.   These ones are probably the second worst Skate (worst of course the reverse retro sprite can one with a different logo)  i've ever seen - but still nicer then most we've had since the skate was caboshed.    And to add on that, it's the Black.   The Whites were our home jerseys, and much better.   Easier to see on TV (back then no high def) who had the puck etc, and their numbers popped.   Even one of the worst skate renditions, is better than most orca ones.  

Just because I don’t want the team to look like they’re working at a hot dog stand doesn’t mean I think the Orca is a good logo.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, McBackup said:

Just because I don’t want the team to look like they’re working at a hot dog stand doesn’t mean I think the Orca is a good logo.

Hey i don't mind the orca...Grew to accept it a long time ago.   At the very least, Messier didn't dishonour our old uniforms.    And they got it right once they switched back to our original colour theme (orca).    Skate as our 3rd is great - even these ones.   Sure would love to see our Whites though. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/15/2023 at 4:18 AM, Gurn said:

Why kill the fish, if your problem is with a mammal?:unsure:

because its a sad logo that uses uses cultural appropriation and doesn't really hunt in the ocean in packs that frighten off opposing nhl teams ... so out of respect for the real orca, its a fish logo

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Hey i don't mind the orca...Grew to accept it a long time ago.   At the very least, Messier didn't dishonour our old uniforms.    And they got it right once they switched back to our original colour theme (orca).    Skate as our 3rd is great - even these ones.   Sure would love to see our Whites though. 

I don’t think the Canucks have ever had a truly good logo. The Orca, the Skate, the Stick-in-Rink, etc all have flaws to them, so I don’t really care too much which logo they use at this point, so long as they keep the blue and green colour scheme. I don’t mind the skate as a third at all (the original one at least, I was at the game on Wednesday and I like the new one less and less each time I see it). My fear is that the Canucks will listen to the clamouring and ditch the blue and green colour scheme they’ve finally built a solid brand with and go with the skate full time because it’s a fad. It’s the equivalent of some ungroomed, unhygienic fatso finally getting in shape, washing properly, wearing decent clothes, etc going out and getting a face tattoo because they’re trendy.