The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday January 15 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 2pm PT/5pm ET - PNC Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

It was proven months ago the owner was using fake accounts on twitter. This isn't breaking news.

This is the only source I can find since the original tweets look to be deleted. But this was all going down a few months ago.

They are talking about the fanbase using fake accounts against the owner though on here were they not?

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They are talking about the fanbase using fake accounts against the owner though on here were they not?

Oh shoot, I think your right. That's seems like a weird statement a actually, if that's what they were saying. I'm sure that does happen, but most fans are vocally and willing to state their opinion, good or bad. Nice catch, my bad.

5 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

image.gif.3ac5723f3f2858918a50e0f5f5b01428.gif

Almost none of the posts on this thread are about the actual game... I think most people don't give a shit.

At least Bruce's last game will be in a city that also doesn't give a shit about hockey so it will be slightly less embarassing.

I am hoping for them to fire him before the game instead of after and we lose with double digit goals against.  Just being near the bottom of the standings doesn't seem to have convinced ownership and the brass to rebuild, we have to lose spectacularly apparently to get the point across.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

25 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It looks like they are talking about Aquilini having a burner account to me.  Unless the photo was faked, it has his official account following the burner account... a fan can't do that.  Unless the thought was someone created a fake account for his girlfriend and he accidentally followed it.

48 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Who's using fake accounts and how would you know this? I find it funny that people think they can call people fake and say they have fake accounts without actual proof. It's a cop out. Just because people post warranted, negative comments doesn't mean they aren't fans. They just aren't willing to buy the crap that this franchise is selling them and yes the state of the franchise is pretty bad right now. Nowhere close to respectable , Stanley cup winning organization so yes there should be doom and gloom. Besides Petey, Hughes, Demko, Kuzy, Bo and a few prospects in Abby there isn't much else to get excited about. Two of those players need to be dealt to get some d in here that can defend. Please stop calling peoples accounts fake because you don't agree with them. It doesn't add anything besides being ignorant. 

Check the Facebook Canucks army pretty much half those goofs over there are using fake accounts and here well the same idiot who gets banned over and over again how you could not see those cowards they’re everywhere on Canucks posts!

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Interesting… the Hurricanes are first in their division (27-9-7), but they don’t have a single player on their team that has more points than games played. It seems like they don’t heavily rely on a few guys to always produce and get contribution from everyone, playing as a team.

A typical Ron Francis team (many of these were drafted in his reign prior to 2018) ... cf this year's Kraken.  Built similarly

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Yesterday’s loss was heartbreaking. You would think I would be used to it 

Don't forget the rules!

e.g. No Wallowing, at least not in the Game Day Thread.

In the Post Game Thread, incessant wallowing seems to almost be the rule.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Crush the SUGAR out of those CANES!

(And make rum for the post game thread.)

Ah rum, 1 hour to noon Pacific Time; 3 hours to PUCK DROP!

20 Funny Moving GIFs to Animate Your Move

• Cheers 2