The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday January 15 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 2pm PT/5pm ET - PNC Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’ll give him a chance even though I don’t think he’s gonna work with this group. I think they’re gonna need to overhaul a lot of the team if they want the team to match his style.

If he has been hired I’m very interested to see who his assistants will be. That will be the biggest moves that will determine whether it works. We cannot be going with more rookies and scrubs like Yeo. We need legit assistants with track records of top special teams and defensive systems.

I don't think he deserves a chance with his history of character issues.  The right thing to do is make it abundantly clear that he isn't welcome and do everything in our power to run this worthless scumbag out of town.  There is absolutely zero excuse for hiring this locker room cancer and allowing him anywhere near our young players.  Why in holy hell would anyone pretend this is acceptable?

Edited by King Heffy
  • Vintage 3

Just now, King Heffy said:

I don't think he deserves a chance with his history of character issues.  The right thing to do is make it abundantly clear that he isn't welcome and do everything in our power to run this worthless scumbag out of town.  There is absolutely zero excuse for hiring this locker room cancer and allowing him anywhere near our young players.

I agree. Aquilini should go immediately. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think he deserves a chance with his history of character issues.  The right thing to do is make it abundantly clear that he isn't welcome and do everything in our power to run this worthless scumbag out of town.  There is absolutely zero excuse for hiring this locker room cancer and allowing him anywhere near our young players.

Is there anybody you haven’t said that about? :lol:

Also think about our owners character. You’re really expecting him to care?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’ll give him a chance even though I don’t think he’s gonna work with this group. I think they’re gonna need to overhaul a lot of the team if they want the team to match his style.

If he has been hired I’m very interested to see who his assistants will be. That will be the biggest moves that will determine whether it works. We cannot be going with more rookies and scrubs like Yeo. We need legit assistants with track records of top special teams and defensive systems.

Fair enough. My opinion both Bruce and Green are good coaches. I’ve hated our assistants. We’ve had 2 great ones recently and it was short lived. Legit assistants is crucial 

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is there anybody you haven’t said that about? :lol:

Also think about our owners character. You’re really expecting him to care?

I'd take Babcock in a heartbeat over this parasite.  Our ownership will care once there are empty seats, which there should be if Rutherford disgraces the franchise by hiring Tocchet.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

Fair enough. My opinion both Bruce and Green are good coaches. I’ve gated our assistants. We’ve had 2 great ones recently and it was short lived. Legit assistants is crucial 

Exactly.

Bruce was successful when he had Shaw running the D. Having Cull run them makes him look like a crappy coach, which he isn’t.

Same thing with Baumer and Green. Although I’m not convinced Green was that good.

But yes Tocchett like Boudreau will either look bad or good based on who we hire to run the D and the pk. If it’s more of the same he won’t have a chance.

• Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

Bruce was successful when he had Shaw running the D. Having Cull run them makes him look like a crappy coach, which he isn’t.

Same thing with Baumer and Green. Although I’m not convinced Green was that good.

But yes Tocchett like Boudreau will either look bad or good based on who we hire to run the D and the pk. If it’s more of the same he won’t have a chance.

The problem was that the only person who was stupid enough to think Baumer was an acceptable choice was Green.  Green's complete lack of professionalism really prevented him from ever being capable of being a good coach at the professional level.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd take Babcock in a heartbeat over this parasite.  Our ownership will care once there are empty seats, which there should be if Rutherford disgraces the franchise by hiring Tocchet.

Babcock?

The guy who Franzen called the worst person he ever met?

The guy who denied Chelios a milestone game because he was ego tripping?

The guy who tried to call out a rookie and embarrass him in front of his teammates?

Not sure you’re the best judge of character…

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3

Just now, DeNiro said:

Babcock?

The guy who Franzen called the worst person he ever met?

The guy who denied Chelios a milestone game because he was ego tripping?

The guy who looked to call out a rookie and embarrass him in front of his teammates?

Not sure your the best judge of character…

I'm not saying I think he's a great guy, just that he's a better option than vermin like Tocchet.  In the rookie's case, it was an attempt to get him to stop floating and at least try to play like an NHLer, something that we could use. 

• Cheers 1

I'm not saying I think he's a great guy, just that he's a better option than vermin like Tocchet.  In the rookie's case, it was an attempt to get him to stop floating and at least try to play like an NHLer, something that we could use. 

All of those things I listed are much more of a locker room cancer than betting on games. :lol:

And that’s not the way you motivate rookies to play better. That’s so cringey and bush league.

Its obvious Babcocks success was a product of him coaching a legendary team, not because of his coaching abilities. The fact that players who won cups with him hate his guts tells you all you need to know.

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't think he deserves a chance with his history of character issues.  The right thing to do is make it abundantly clear that he isn't welcome and do everything in our power to run this worthless scumbag out of town.  There is absolutely zero excuse for hiring this locker room cancer and allowing him anywhere near our young players.  Why in holy hell would anyone pretend this is acceptable?

What's the gripe with this particular waste of skin human filth worthless scumbag soul sucking locker room cancer?

• Haha 2