The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday January 15 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Carolina Hurricanes - 2pm PT/5pm ET - PNC Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I know it will never happen. But if Rod wanted to coach here, I'd give him assistant GM powers and let him be coach.

Couldn’t agree more. Dude is sharp. 

Everyone expected Canes to hit rock bottom when new owner came in and fired Ron Francis.

Instead the Canes have flourished under Rod the Bod.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd take Babcock in a heartbeat over this parasite.  Our ownership will care once there are empty seats, which there should be if Rutherford disgraces the franchise by hiring Tocchet.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Babcock?

The guy who Franzen called the worst person he ever met?

The guy who denied Chelios a milestone game because he was ego tripping?

The guy who looked to call out a rookie and embarrass him in front of his teammates?

Not sure your the best judge of character…

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not saying I think he's a great guy, just that he's a better option than vermin like Tocchet.  In the rookie's case, it was an attempt to get him to stop floating and at least try to play like an NHLer, something that we could use. 

I refuse to believe,  that in the entire global professional hockey community,  there isn't a better option than Tocchet,  Babcock, Quennville,  ect..... great coach, good fit for the team  and decent human being are not all mutually exclusive character traits are they?

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

Bruce was successful when he had Shaw running the D. Having Cull run them makes him look like a crappy coach, which he isn’t.

Same thing with Baumer and Green. Although I’m not convinced Green was that good.

But yes Tocchett like Boudreau will either look bad or good based on who we hire to run the D and the pk. If it’s more of the same he won’t have a chance.

I’ll be very interested in who he brings in as assistants, and the timing (whether it’s this season or next)

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

What's the gripe with this particular waste of skin human filth worthless scumbag soul sucking locker room cancer?

Criminal gambling history isn't something you tend to look for in a coach.  Add in the fact that he's shown zero sign of being smart enough to coach in the NHL and there's zero reason to hire this crook. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Criminal gambling history isn't something you tend to look for in a coach.  Add in the fact that he's shown zero sign of being smart enough to coach in the NHL and there's zero reason to hire this crook. 

i dont know how he is even in consideration,.

Should not have a job in pro sports. 

• Cheers 3

REFEREES

Conor O’Donnell #41
CO41.jpg?resize=120,120
Justin St. Pierre #12
JS12.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 19 39
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 40 / 0 74 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 74 / 0 1162 / 8
First NHL Game 4/6/19 11/9/05
Birthplace Hamilton, ON Dolbeau, QC

LINESMEN

Tommy Hughes #65
hs_TH65.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
David Brisebois #96
DB96.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 38 40
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 0 / 0 75 / 23
Career Games (Reg/PO) 38 / 0 1402 / 77
First NHL Game 10/15/22 10/11/00
Birthplace London, ON Sudbury, ON
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not saying I think he's a great guy, just that he's a better option than vermin like Tocchet.  In the rookie's case, it was an attempt to get him to stop floating and at least try to play like an NHLer, something that we could use. 

Vermin? Parasite? Did Tocchett shit in your corn flakes or something?

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I could see Phil Housley getting the call.

He was Tocchett’s assistant in Arizona. Also assistant to Trotz for one season.

Would probably be a good mentor to Hughes. Similar player in his day.

That's probably one of the best idea's I've heard in a while. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Why is he a crook? Isn’t that same type of gambling (betting on football) now legal on the gazillion sites that spam the NHL advertisements?