The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Rutherford & Allvin

Rate this topic

MtnHockeyGuy

3 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Do you not count no cap space, a bottom 5 prospect pool, and a complete loss in faith from the team and fans alike damage? I do.

The cap space situation was caused by new management when they prioritized UFA signings and Miller over depth improvements.

OEL and Garland are not the problems. The loss of the 9th overall is not even the immediate problem.

It's Miller with his 8 million dollars that has prevented the team from re-signing Horvat, PLUS make future improvements of the team.

Now new management wants to hire a new coach. Oh my god.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No one forced JR/Allvin to re-sign Miller. The new management literally had the chance to rebuild into the future.

All the good pieces are on this team (Hughes, Pettersson, Demko), and what does new management do? Locks us up like we are a playoff team.

The failure of this new management was not being able to assess what they had. Sure, Benning may have messed this team up, but new management kept the status quo for defense WHILE buying players through UFA.

New management has made mistakes, never said they didn't. But that doesn't change change how much Benning put this franchise behind. You're focusing on a few good points against JR, and not addressing Benning at all. The reason we are in so much trouble is Benning, JR just doubled down on the mess. 

Do you actually beileve what you just said above? That the OEL trade wasn't a problem and blame it all on Miller? They we're both missteps, but the OEL trade was infinitely worse.

Edited by Shayster007
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

New management has made mistakes, never said they didn't. But that doesn't change change how much Benning put this franchise behind. You're focusing on a few good points against JR, and not addressing Benning at all. The reason we are in so much trouble is Benning, JR just doubled down on the mess. 

Do you actually beileve what you just said above? That the OEL trade wasn't a problem and blame it all on Miller? They we're both missteps, but the OEL trade was infinitely worse.

Said person thinks much of the issues with this team is Gillis' fault still so who knows.

I'd give new management until next year with Horvat/Kuzmenko/Schenn and the rest of this year to base things off of.

My big fear is Tocchet comes in.  We get a bump in wins from new coaching systems as all teams in the league have practiced tape under Boudreaus systems and management decides the team is better than they are, stands fast or adds.  Loses us good draft position and sees assets walk for nothing again

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Said person thinks much of the issues with this team is Gillis' fault still so who knows.

I'd give new management until next year with Horvat/Kuzmenko/Schenn and the rest of this year to base things off of.

My big fear is Tocchet comes in.  We get a bump in wins from new coaching systems as all teams in the league have practiced tape under Boudreaus systems and management decides the team is better than they are, stands fast or adds.  Loses us good draft position and sees assets walk for nothing again

I'm not writing Alvin off yet but he's on real thin ice in my books, I tell ya what.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I'm not writing Alvin off yet but he's on real thin ice in my books, I tell ya what.

Horvat Schenn Kuzmenko.

Those are my metrics.  Those are our most valuable assets.

How they're dealt with will decide the success of this team for the next decade 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Lol addressing the D?? Adding a top 6 winger who consistently drew tons of penalties??? 

No instead JR and PA knew Demko was bailing us out and instead of bolstering the blueline.. “we’re going to be a fast team to play against” “we’re going to add speed” 

lmfao

Adding a 1st PP D when we needed a 1st RD or a Tanevlike RD to complement Hughes? 
Adding Garland so we get smashed easier in playoff!? 
That Garland is good during the season is one thing but we should add players that fit the playoff since both our stars need power behind them.

Love it. 
same  people that defended ever stupid move jim b ever made have given new managment 12 month to fix the mountain of bad decisions. Lolololololol.

miller should have been Traded but he sign a reasonable contract given his career year. 
so one Ill timed contract not even bad is now worse than 8 years of throwing away picks prospects and cap. to funny. 

The reason we have no cap isn’t because of one or two contracts it’s because we have 23 and 3/4 of them aren’t living up to expectation. 

Myers OEL garland dead cap no nhl prospects 

Trying  to say miller contract is the root of all our issues or boesers is hilarious. They don’t help but they’re actually putting up numbers. So…. 

it a compound issue that was largely inherited jr/pa looking for a scapegoat look at the idiot who had 8 years to achieve or build even the slightest level of success. I know it’s hard for some since they spent every waking moment justifying his every stupid idiotic moronic move Jb made . But just like Jb they were wrong. 

fix 8 years of dumb in 12 months hahahahahahahahahaha. 
let’s fire everyone and demand new management have it all fixed in 12 months…. brilliant. 

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, combover said:

The reason we have no cap isn’t because of one or two contracts

3 contracts 

Miller

Brock

Mik   

almost $20 mill is directly on new management.

They stepped into a hole when they took over- and they kept on digging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

3 contracts 

Miller

Brock

Mik   

And now Rutherford is on record as being stupid enough to consider buyouts.  If this is one of those "what comes next in this sequence" problems, the answer is that the Canucks cannot afford to find out.

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And now Rutherford is on record as being stupid enough to consider buyouts.  If this is one of those "what comes next in this sequence" problems, the answer is that the Canucks cannot afford to find out.

buyouts can end up being like hiring an a backhoe, to replace the guy digging the hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gurn said:

3 contracts 

Miller

Brock

Mik   

I agree they should have traded 2 miller and boeser 

the Myers OEL garland Pearson’s the 2.4 mill in dead cap are the place holes. Poolmans  ferland pearson ltir but still mistakes. 

Classic damned if you do.. they do nothing let boeser walk not sign mik and it’s they didn’t do anything. sane people would be crying they did nothing. Still trying to defend justify one of the biggest idiots in franchise history Jb. 

mik is a great addition and a huge upgrade. 

they tried to improve the roster the miller signing was the one I really didn’t like we could have sold high on an older player having a career year. 

Compared - Every summer Dim jim Benning blew his load on over priced ufas and threw away prospects in favour of crap vets. 
we should have a younger cheaper team but we don’t because we threw those guys away or totally botched drafting JV OJ are mistakes we couldn’t afford especially when the gm traded picks away like candy. 

these guys are t perfect but 12 months isn’t even close to enough time to repair the damage that piece of garbage Benning did. 

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, combover said:

they do nothing let boeser walk

could have signed him to the one year qualifier deal.

8 minutes ago, combover said:

not sign mik

He's been ok- took him a few games, after his season opening injury, to get going. Was playing quite well, however he has been fading out over the last 10 games.

Also the team did NOT need more forwards.

Plus-if you do sign another forward, you need to be sure you can move one of the others.

• Cheers 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:43 PM, van_ws said:

They aren't any better than Benning so far. If they bring Tocchet then the pitchforks will be out because if they do hire him that in itself deserves JR/Alvin to be kicked to the curb. They have until the TDL to do something to redeem themselves but I sense another letdown. This franchise is a f**king joke and never in all my years have I been this embarrassed to be a Canucks fan. There is no winning culture in Vancouver, that's for sure. 

I have a feeling they are gonna make a Chiarelli esque Taylor Hall level trade with Horvat. And only after that will the hammer come down

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

could have signed him to the one year qualifier deal.

He's been ok- took him a few games, after his season opening injury, to get going. Was playing quite well, however he has been fading out over the last 10 games.

Also the team did NOT need more forwards.

Plus-if you do sign another forward, you need to be sure you can move one of the others.

I like Mik. But that's right. We didn't need more forwards. But Rutherfraud is from the Eastern conference. You can get away with flashy forwards and mid defense.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Good old Canuck fans.  No patience and ready to fire on a dime.

Says the guy with doom in his name

:bigblush:

But no. Rutherfraud has shown that he isn't up to the job. He's gotta take a hike and retire. He's 74 next month. He has exactly zero sentimental connections to this city or team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Good old Canuck fans.  No patience and ready to fire on a dime.

What has Rutherford done to suggest he is willing to start conduct himself appropriately or competent enough to stop destroying the team?  You're fine with this scumbag throwing his coach under the bus and then publicly admitting that he's willing to sabotage the team in the offseason by creating more dead cap the very same season we finally are free of the damage the 2 idiots who preceded him created?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Horvat Schenn Kuzmenko.

Those are my metrics.  Those are our most valuable assets.

How they're dealt with will decide the success of this team for the next decade 

This is huge. I remember when Benning was too incompetent to trade Hamhuis at the deadline and he walked as a UFA. If any of these guys don't get traded and don't re-sign that is massive mistake. 

I actually think management is an enormous upgrade over Benning (looking through his transactions, particularly signings, it is hilarious how inept he was) but they need to find a direction.

I would love it if we could sell JT - even for a guy like Voracek who we could maybe flip for picks next year and clear up the cap space. If they start buying out guys instead of letting contracts run out that will be a really bad look. 

• Haha 1

Just now, canucklehead44 said:

This is huge. I remember when Benning was too incompetent to trade Hamhuis at the deadline and he walked as a UFA. If any of these guys don't get traded and don't re-sign that is massive mistake. 

I actually think management is an enormous upgrade over Benning (looking through his transactions, particularly signings, it is hilarious how inept he was) but they need to find a direction.

I would love it if we could sell JT - even for a guy like Voracek who we could maybe flip for picks next year and clear up the cap space. If they start buying out guys instead of letting contracts run out that will be a really bad look. 

It’s pretty clear our owner set the direction for Benning and gave the same directives to the new group.  Benning was pushed by our owner, and instead of saying “no” like Nonis and Gillis and Linden (and get fired) he kept saying yes, and doing the owner’s bidding.  I’m seeing JR doing just like Benning.  He’s doing exactly what the owner wants.  He’s saying exactly what th3 owner wants him to say.  I don’t believe for a minute that JR’s comment about our owner not being involved in hockey decisions is truthful.  The direction of the club is clearly our owner’s.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1